We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Buenos Aires to Punta Del Este

Which Punta del Este hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
los angeles
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Ferry from Buenos Aires to Punta Del Este

Hi,

I was wondering what website or company I can use to take a ferry from Buenos Aires to Punta Del Este.

Thanks

Punta del Este...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Punta del Este
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry from Buenos Aires to Punta Del Este

Buquebus.com. It's a ferry plus bus. The ferry goes to Colonia or to Montevideo, where passengers are transferred to a bus. Both ferries and buses are modern and comfortable. The whole trip takes 5 1/2 to six hours.

los angeles
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry from Buenos Aires to Punta Del Este

thanks so much!!!!

Montevideo, Uruguay
Level Contributor
102 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry from Buenos Aires to Punta Del Este

HI. I´m Fernando Semproni from Indoor Uruguay (inbound agency at Uruguay). You have Buquebus and also Colonia Express. But ferry stop at Colonia or Montevideo, then you have to continue by bus to Punta.

Sometimes is really difficult to buy by the website of Buquebus.

Regards,

Fernando Semproni

INDOOR URUGUAY

los angeles
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry from Buenos Aires to Punta Del Este

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for the reply. I couldn't get the tickets on buquebus for dec 28 and jan 2. I suppose they might be sold out because it's high season.

Any suggestions?

Regards.

Marc

Punta del Este...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Punta del Este
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry from Buenos Aires to Punta Del Este

Sometimes Buquebus does not sell tickets more than a few months in advance. I cannot remember what that "window" is. It's possible that's why you're not seeing availability. Or, as you say, they could be sold out. There are several airlines that fly regularly between BA and Punta during the season: Aerolineas Argentinas, LAN, Sol, Buquebus (the airline). (Pluna, another airline, has been dissolved.) There are also regular, cheaper flights from BA to Montevideo. The Montevideo airport is on the Punta del Este side of that city, only 75 minutes by bus from downtown Punta, and regular local buses make the run every half hour or even more often some days in season. Those buses cost very little, less than ten Dollars.

Montevideo, Uruguay
Level Contributor
102 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry from Buenos Aires to Punta Del Este

HI Marc, no (this is Uruguay) they will be able around 2 months in advance, around october.

Now Buquebus also have two flights per day.

Fernando Semproni

INDOOR URUGUAY

los angeles
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferry from Buenos Aires to Punta Del Este

I appreciate all your advice!

8. Re: Ferry from Buenos Aires to Punta Del Este

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2013, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Punta del Este