We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental car in punta del este

Which Punta del Este hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Rental car in punta del este

Hi, my husband and I will be arriving in punta via buquebus. (In February) We are thinking of staying in la barra so it seems like a rental car would be necessary. We will be flying out of PDP airport. Any rental car suggestions? Are there any companies that have a office near the bus terminal and airport. Or should we taxi from the bus terminal to the pdp airport to get the car. This will be our first time in punta, and based on initial web searching, it's hard to determine which rental cars are located at the pdp airport. Seems like most are in Maldonado or farther away? Suggestions and tips please! Thank you!

Punta del Este
Level Contributor
228 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental car in punta del este

Buquebus is a ferry, BQB is the airline, which one are you referring to?

If you arrive by Buquebus to either Montevideo or Colonia, most likely you'll buy the bus transfer to Punta del Este also with Buquebus.

They will drop you at the bus terminal in Punta del Este. So the car rentals are just steps from the bus terminal: PuntaCar, Avis, Hertz

WDC
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,245 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental car in punta del este

Uruguayan (and others in the know) - Here's another question:

Are there car rental agencies within easy (ie with some rolling luggage) walking distance from the Buequebus terminal in Montevideo ? Thrifty appears to be on the same street, but I cannot tell how far it actually is from the terminal. Or, if there is another agency closer to the terminal ?

Gracias in advance, and Felices Fiestas to everyone on this Board.

Punta del Este
Level Contributor
228 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental car in punta del este

You're right marnie, thrifty is located inside the buquebus terminal, after the luggage claim you'll see their office. Of course the other companies can take the car to your arrival if you book it in advance.

Montevideo, Uruguay
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental car in punta del este

HI Lauren, I´m Fernando Semproni (from Indoor Uruguay, local agency), I can help upi with information but if you want the car from dec.27 to jan,4, I think that all the cars of the country are rented.

Fernando Semproni

Indoor Uruguay

Your local connection

WDC
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,245 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental car in punta del este

Gracias, Uruguayan. Once again, you have been very helpful.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rental car in punta del este

Thanks. I am not coming until February 13th. Taking the Ferry from Buenos Aires (via Buquebus) and then bus from Montevideo to Punta. I'll take a look at Hertz and Avis, as I am familiar with those american car rental companies.

7. Re: Rental car in punta del este

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Punta del Este