We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aerosur vs. BOA or other Bolivia airlines

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
630 posts
126 reviews
Save Topic
Aerosur vs. BOA or other Bolivia airlines

I'm looking into booking a flight from La Paz to Sucre and am curious as to the reliability of the non-Aerosur airlines like BOA. I know Aerosur is fine, but due to the different departure times available, BOA may be more attractive to me, but I'm weary of booking a flight on an unreliable airline. Can those with experience share their opinions? Thanks!

Midwest City...
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Aerosur vs. BOA or other Bolivia airlines

Aerosur.- Booking a domestic trip in Bolivia is difficult because I just tried to buy one from Santa Cruz to Tarija 2 days ago and the website dont have the online payment, so you need to call the toll free Aerosur office in Miami 1-305-403-3737 ,then, they will send you the invoice for your signature authorizing to process the payment and the copies of your card and identification ID....

BOA .- Cheaper I have been taking some trips, If you book with time, they are always discounts than booking the last day. But you need to do it in Bolivia, or contact some bolivian travel agency or if you have some friend or relative is better because is no way to buying online. You can see the schedule in their website and check the itinerary http://boa.bo/itinerarios.htm Dont expect first class this Boeing dont have it.

Other alternative to go to Sucre is TAM the military air transportation is cheaper from La Paz to Sucre it will be cost 420 Bs money (the exchange is 7 per dollar) is aroun 10% - 30% cheeper than Aerosur I never fled dont know the quality of the planes, but my friends told me is ok and a little noisy. http://www.tam.bo/webtam/itinerarios.aspx here is the link if you want to check it out.

Enjoy my country, and have a nice trip!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
630 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aerosur vs. BOA or other Bolivia airlines

Thanks for the info! I tried to book tickets on the BOA website today, which didn't work since I didn't have a Bolivia/Argentina/Brazil address, but we called them instead and they let us book online. Though the weird thing is that they gave us a "reserve code" number for our reservation, took our names and the flight dates and times but didn't charge us. They said we could just show up at the airport an hour before the flight, give them the code and then pay on the spot. Does anyone know if that's how it always works?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
81 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aerosur vs. BOA or other Bolivia airlines

would anyone have any links for boa other than their website

ive wrtitten to them a few times trying to find out about one way fares la paz - buenos aires and apparently one way is not possible on the website

i havent had a response and so was wondering if its best if i book through a bolivian travel agency

im not a bolivian/argentinian/brasilian resident

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
630 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aerosur vs. BOA or other Bolivia airlines

Try calling them. We called and reserved a seat since we couldn't book online. Granted, when we got to La Paz and actually tried picking up our tickets, they told us that they didn't have our reservation on file, but I think that was a one-off situation as they were just changing computer systems at that point. Thankfully we got it sorted out by our fantastic hotel!

5. Re: Aerosur vs. BOA or other Bolivia airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2013, 10:27