We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

yellow fever waiver form - coming into Bolivia from Peru

sydney
Level Contributor
138 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
yellow fever waiver form - coming into Bolivia from Peru

Will i have difficulties getting into Bolivia if I have a yellow fever waiver form-i cannot have the yellow fever injection due to medication i am on

26 replies to this topic
Vieques
Level Contributor
3,430 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: yellow fever waiver form - coming into Bolivia from Peru

I spoke with the Bolivian Embassy in Washington DC before I traveled in November (not the consulates around the country, they have old info) They have discontinued the yellow Fever requirement several years ago. I did actually go in person to get my Visa, as i was in the area and they roll their eyed there if you ask about it, they are aware that there is much bad info out there. I can find no recent mention of out breaks in PERU.

You will read differing opinions all over the web,especially over at LP, believe me unless you cross from somewhere with a heavy outbreak you will not be asked for proof of vaccinations. IT IS NO LONGER REQUIRED!

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: yellow fever waiver form - coming into Bolivia from Peru

I went in person to the embassy in Los Angeles and they also said they didn't need it, at the land border the agent didn't look at it.

It will probably stay on the "officially required" lists since if there is ever an actual case of yellow fever reported from Peru it will be required again.

You can always check the CDC at to yellow fever outbreaks and if it's all good it should be safe bet that it isn't needed .

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: yellow fever waiver form - coming into Bolivia from Peru

Been in and out of Bolivia a few times from Peru. I didn't get the vaccine and no one ever asked me for documentation saying I had. No one I ran into on the road had been asked either. Was there in 2010 & 2011

Spartanburg, South...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: yellow fever waiver form - coming into Bolivia from Peru

Hello there my friends!!

I am planning to visit Bolivia on December! :) Now I understand that I can probably avoid the yellow fever shot to enter Bolivia! what about coming back to the States? will they ask me for one? since coming back from Bolivia? :)

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: yellow fever waiver form - coming into Bolivia from Peru

No, they will not

Spartanburg, South...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: yellow fever waiver form - coming into Bolivia from Peru

Awesome!!!Gracias my friend!! :)

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
451 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: yellow fever waiver form - coming into Bolivia from Peru

Checking to see if this info is still valid. No Yellow Fever Vaccine required entering or returning Bolivia/Peru?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
451 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: yellow fever waiver form - coming into Bolivia from Peru

Bumping this question again. Our tour provider is saying "yes" we have to have the yellow fever vaccination. Since we are over 60 I am concerned. Some threads speak of a waiver on the certificate. Can anyone confirm what are the current requirements?

We are only traveling into Bolivia for one day, from Puno to Copacabana and return.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,747 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: yellow fever waiver form - coming into Bolivia from Peru

I crossed the border in the same place as you plan to and no one asked.

Timisoara, Romania
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: yellow fever waiver form - coming into Bolivia from Peru

Does anybody have more recent info on this? I'll be traveling from Cuzco to La Paz via plane and them to Uyuni. I would prefer not to get the shot since I am not traveling in tropical areas and will be staying mostly at +2500 m, where the risk is practically zero. However, I wouldn't wanna risk not being able to board the plane or anything. Thanks!

Reply to: yellow fever waiver form - coming into Bolivia from Peru
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted