We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Santa Cruz to Brazil Border

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
34 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Train Santa Cruz to Brazil Border

Hi,

I've been doing some research about the so called "death train" between Santa Cruz and the Brazilian border and have a pretty good idea of the rough schedule / times and cost.

I'll be making my way to Campo Grande where I have a flight booked to Salvador. My question is as I'm looking to reach Campo Grande by the 11 June 2014 (the day before the World Cup begins) am I at risk of not getting a ticket for the train due to high demand as people make their way into Brazil for the WC and what kind of buffer would be necessary to ensure I reach Campo Grande by the 11th?

I would prefer to take the better class train (ferrobus / Oriental??) and understand this only leaves Santa Crux 3 (?) times a week and typically only has one carriage (i.e. only a limited amount of tickets available).

Any help would be appreciated

Mentioned in this post
Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Department, Bolivia
Campo Grande
Campo Grande
State of Mato Grosso do Sul
Salvador
Salvador
State of Bahia
Brazil
Brazil
South America
Subic Bay Freeport...
Level Contributor
25 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train Santa Cruz to Brazil Border

Hi,

I'm researching about the same thing. I will be leaving Sta Cruz the same date as you are, I guess. You said you have a rough idea of how much the train from Sta Cruz to the border will cost. Can you give me a rough estimate? Thanks!

Harpenden, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train Santa Cruz to Brazil Border

Hi

How was the train journey?

I am planning the same in a week or so. Was the train busy?

Anywhere worth stopping on the way?

Thank you in advance.

Marie

3. Re: Train Santa Cruz to Brazil Border

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2015, 07:21