We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Paz to Uyuni

Portland
5 posts
Save Topic
La Paz to Uyuni

Any tips on the best/quickest way to get from La Paz to Uyuni.....airline, bus, or train companies?

Also, any recommendations on tour companies to use in Salar de Uyuni for a three or four day jeep tour?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!

Mission Viejo...
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: La Paz to Uyuni

Just came back from Peru Bolivia and Argentina. Two month trip with my wife and kids, ages 18, 16, 13.

Fom La Paz to Uyuni, best way is bus to Oruro wait a couple of hours and the train to Uyuni. In la Paz, go to a travel agency. Close to the cathedral, thera are tons of them. we went with Tonito Tours, which has an agency in La Paz and they are local in Uyuni, where they also have a hotel. We stayed there. They have a great Pizza restaurantand great hotel -Uyuni standards and cheap. Look them up inn the intenet and in Laz Paz go to their office and they will buy your bus tickets and train and book your tour. You will pay a little extra for them buying the tickedts for you $10 to $12, but trust me, well worth it, in order to save time in the horrendous lines at the ticket counters. The Salar de Uyuni tour was great. Take the the complete tour. Three days, going to Laguna Verde, Colorada, Geisers, etc. You will love it. Be prepared to rough it a bit as fara as dealing with the altitude, cold and rustic accomodations while on the tour. But they were great. Tell the Tonito people, especillay Susy in Uyuni Hotel, that Enrique and Tonya Iribarne sent you.

don't go with Colque Tours. They put you in larger buses. The 4WDrive is the way to go.

Have Fun!!

Belgium
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: La Paz to Uyuni

Dont go with Sandra tours.8people in a 4 WD.Dont believe everything Sandra says in her office.There is a sort of mafia in Uyuni puting tourists in different groups and hotels

B Staelens

Belgium

Scotland
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Paz to Uyuni

Hi,

Can you tell me if Tonito Tours use english tour leaders or are they spanish? My spanish is reasonable but my partner does not speak any.

Thanks

4. Re: La Paz to Uyuni

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 21:21