We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 free days in Bolivia following Uyuni tour - any advice?

London, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
3 free days in Bolivia following Uyuni tour - any advice?

Hi there,

I have 3 free days following my Uyuni tour before I fly from La Paz to Lima (if everything goes well). Should I stay to the southern part and explore Potosi/Typiza or return immediately back to La Paz and try to see Coroico or Madidi national park before I depart? The latter would be very challenging in terms of money and time..

Any advice?!

Thanks,

Laura

Bolivia
Level Contributor
192 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 free days in Bolivia following Uyuni tour - any advice?

I would recommend going to Copacabana and Isla del Sol. The lake is really beautiful. I don't think you have enough time for Madidi. If you want to bike the "death road" then Coroico makes sense. Also lots to see in and around La Paz.

London, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 free days in Bolivia following Uyuni tour - any advice?

Hi! thanks!

In fact, I will start my trip to Peru so I will have seen titicaca by then, when passing to Bolivia. Following my tour at Uyuni (19-21 Oct), I have 4 full days until I fly back to Lima from La Paz so I was thinking to be really optimistic and rely on the Bolivian airlines which could make my visit to Madidi possible in this tight time slot, or stay on the southern part of the country (Potosi/Sucre) for a couple of days and then go back to La Paz to fly to Lima. The latter is definitely more sensible..

In terms of Coroico activities, I was thinking that I could do the canyoning but still this is under consideration!

Thanks anyways:)

Laura

Laura

London
Level Contributor
2,260 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 free days in Bolivia following Uyuni tour - any advice?

I agree that you don't have enough time for Madidi, great though it is. You would need to fly via LP to Rurrenabaque and then get a boat to your lodge which would add 2-5 hours. Possible if everything works out ok - a big if in Bolivia.

Sucre is a lovely city with great food and loads to see both in and around the city. I don't know how long you are planning I LP bit there is a lot to see and do. Highly recommend Banjo tours half day your of the city including. El Alto to get your bearings

Bolivia
Level Contributor
192 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 free days in Bolivia following Uyuni tour - any advice?

Oh, in that case I would recommend Uyuni-Potosi-Sucre-fly back to La Paz. You may even be able to make connections with your Lima flight and not have to go into the city if you will have seen LP already. I have found BoA airline quite reliable. Have a good trip!

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
103 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 free days in Bolivia following Uyuni tour - any advice?

Sucre has amazing food. If you are much of a foodie or into beer Sucre is the place to go. Ridiculously cheap meals as well. There are also dinosaur footprints there and the climate is usually very nice.

6. Re: 3 free days in Bolivia following Uyuni tour - any advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2015, 07:17