We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus La Paz- Copacabana

Which La Paz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Holon, Israel
Level Contributor
25 posts
299 reviews
Save Topic
Bus La Paz- Copacabana

Hello to all,

I intend travel from La Paz to Copacabana by bus stop there for one day and next day leave to Puno.

Please advuce me:

1.what is a differences between regular and tourist buses,and whether they both leave both from cemetery bus station.

2.when leave the first bus and what is a time interval between them.

3.when first bus leave Copacabana for Puno

Thanks.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus La Paz- Copacabana

1. I don't know about the tourist buses, but the regular bus we took was fine. There's not really a bus station in the cemetery area, but a collection of nearby bus offices.

2. I'm not sure when they start leaving, but between the various companies, they run quite frequently. We just showed up and bought tickets to leave about an hour later. We could have left sooner, but it would have been in a very full bus or 'colectivo' (shared minivan).

3. I believe the first bus left at 9am. There are also some afternoon buses and colectivos to the border, where you can theoretically find onward local transportation. If you want to catch the morning bus, it's best to buy your tickets at least the day before.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
63 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus La Paz- Copacabana

If you are used to buses in bolivia, stick with the regular buses. I don't think there is a difference with any buses to Copacabana. In fact I heard some folk say they got stuck with a tourist ticket price and were on the same bus as we were.

2. I don't know the time buses leave for copacabana, but we caught one mid day.(around 11) i know there were buses before ours though.

3. I can't answer as I was coming from the other direction only (I made a return trip to Copacabana though).

3. Re: Bus La Paz- Copacabana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 22:20