We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amaszonas flights Cusco - La Paz

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
Amaszonas flights Cusco - La Paz

Hi All,

Does anyone happen to know if Amaszonas still include this route in their service?

I have recently been able to book flights for April 2013 for La Paz - Uyuni but am unable to see any flight availability for Cusco - La Paz.

Will bus it if I have to however will be limited for time so would prefer to fly.

Cheers, Rach

Mentioned in this post
La Paz
La Paz
La Paz Department, Bolivia
Uyuni
Uyuni
Potosi Department, Bolivia
Cusco
Cusco
Cusco Region, Peru
London, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amaszonas flights Cusco - La Paz

Hi,

Have been looking at the same route myself and also have La Paz to Uyuni flights. When searching previously I found some very limited availability on the Cusco to La Paz route (albeit not in April 2013). In theory, the La Paz - Cusco - La Paz flights are meant to be Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays but a search on the Amaszonas website on multiple dates doesn't return any availability.

Might be worth contacting Amazonas (Phone : (591-2) 222-0848 - Email: info@amaszonas.com) or an agent that sells their flights (Ruta Verde - a dutch agency in Bolivia seem to be pretty well informed - http://www.rutaverdebolivia.com/).

Go2Peru - http://www.go2peru.com/flight_cuzco_lapaz.htm - still have Cusco to La Paz flights with Aerosur listed but my understanding (from various web reports) is that Aerosur has ceased operations.

If you are contemplating getting the bus from Cusco to La Paz you might want to consider the tourist buses (e.g. Inka Express, Turismo Mer, Wonder Peru) that go from Cusco to Puno. They take about 8-9 hours to get to Puno (which I believe is 2-3 hours longer than the public buses for the same route) and you'd get to see some possibly interesting sights en-route. If you're short on time, you might then be able to get a night bus to La Paz.

Mentioned in this post
La Paz
La Paz
Uyuni
Uyuni
Cusco
Cusco
Cusco Region, Peru
Bolivia
Bolivia
South America
Inka Express
Inka Express
155 Reviews
Cusco, Peru
Peru
Peru
South America
Puno
Puno
Puno Region, Peru
Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Amaszonas flights Cusco - La Paz

Hi There,

Thanks for your message. I have just looked up Amaszonas website and the flights for 2013 have now been loaded for the Cusco - La Paz route.

Happy travels!

Mentioned in this post
Cusco
Cusco
Cusco Region, Peru
La Paz
La Paz
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
125 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amaszonas flights Cusco - La Paz

Make sure you confirm your flight at least 24 hours in advance. I flew on Amaszonas btwn La Paz and Uyuni without any problems but on my La Paz to Cusco flight, I was delayed 1.5 days! :( No one from Amaszonas contacted me to inform me that their flight schedule had changed. They were completely unprofessional when I complained to them about it as well (the guy at the counter told me they emailed me twice but I later found out this was a lie). I've heard stories on these forums before about airlines changing their minds about flights so luckily, I built in some cushion in my itinerary for these types of delays. But still...what a horrible experience dealing with Amaszonas!

Mentioned in this post
La Paz
La Paz
Uyuni
Uyuni
Cusco
Cusco
Cusco Region, Peru
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
365 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amaszonas flights Cusco - La Paz

We are also looking at this trip for March 2013. The airline can be contacted at: info@amaszonas.com which I have done to get pricing. They are offering the Cuzco service on a 3 day per week basis and Uyuni flights daily.

Level Contributor
7 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amaszonas flights Cusco - La Paz

Very dodgy airline, cancelled our flight from cusco the night before and promised a refund. 10 weeks later still nothing. Get the bus.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
365 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amaszonas flights Cusco - La Paz

BUS? ... really .... I suspect it is about 24 hours each way withiout allowing for connections, road issues or breakdowns.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,900 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Amaszonas flights Cusco - La Paz

Wow. Some of these last responses are different from my experience just over 2 weeks ago flying La Paz to Uyuni. I got an email the night before reminding me of my flight. It did include a time change but that was no major issue.

I found check in with them and the flight hassle free. To me it sure beats the bus or the bus/train option. Any airline can have a good or a bad day.

One good point raised. When travelling in Bolivia always have a bit of time up your sleeve. Travelling by bus does not remove the problems as bus strikes/ road blockages can also happen and stuff up a tight time schedule.

Edited: 07 November 2012, 22:32
Mentioned in this post
La Paz
La Paz
Uyuni
Uyuni
Bolivia
Bolivia
South America
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
365 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Amaszonas flights Cusco - La Paz

I have written the airline again asking them for an uptodate schedule and pricing for this trip and letting them know this thread is something they may want to address. Hopefully they will show the same interest as they did with Kameka

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Amaszonas flights Cusco - La Paz

Hi everyone,

in June I want/must to fly in one day from Cuzco to Uyuni.

Amaszonas offers this flight with a short stop over in La Paz.

Leaving Cuzco 10:20

Arriving La Paz 12:20

Leaving La Paz 13:00

Arriving Uyuni 13:45

Did someone do this connection before? Is the transfer time of 40 mins enough or do you have to go through immigration or something...?

The problem is, I only have this one day to get from Cuzco to Uyuni, and there is no later flight that day from La Paz.

Next flight to Uyuni would be 6:50 in the morning the following day.... --> sleeping in the airport :-(

Thanks for help!

Chris

Mentioned in this post
Uyuni
Uyuni
La Paz
La Paz
Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Amaszonas flights Cusco - La Paz

Hi Chris,

Honestly, don't do it! Yes you will need to go through immigration. Whilst this wont take very long you will still be pushing it for time. I flew with Amaszonas last week and they are not the greatest to fly with. Make sure you take the credit card you use to pay with you as they ask for it at the airport. If you don't have the same card they will make you pay for a new flight!

I paid for my Amaszonas flights online circa 4 months before we left on our trip and had my card skimmed before leaving Australia. My bank issued me a new card as a result. When we checked in to our flight the Amaszonas staff tried to make us pay for new flights as the card number was different to the one I had originally paid with. After a very heavily worded conversation and producing 5 pieces of identification to prove I was me they allowed us on the plane. Crazy!!!!

Check The TAM flights from La Paz to Uyuni. Hopefully they leave a little later in the day.

Cheers, Rach

Mentioned in this post
La Paz
La Paz
Uyuni
Uyuni