We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amaszonas Airlines

Level Contributor
83 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Amaszonas Airlines

I have a flight booked with them that is the wrong date.

I tried calling them and emailing them numerous times to change or cancel the reservation and they are not responding. Anyone know how I can reach them?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amaszonas Airlines

I don't know if it will help you but have you tried any of their office phone numbers found here..........

http://www.amaszonas.com/index.php?mc=240

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
821 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amaszonas Airlines

I did the same thing. Email them and give them all your information. They changed mine free of charge with no problems whatsoever.

Level Contributor
83 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amaszonas Airlines

i am relieved to hear. how long did it take them to respond to your email? i have been waiting a week.

Level Contributor
83 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amaszonas Airlines

i am relieved to hear. how long did it take them to respond to your email? i have been waiting a week.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
821 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amaszonas Airlines

They replied the day after I emailed them I would retry to contact them again.

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
103 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amaszonas Airlines

I called them using google voice, since it is very long distance from United States. Only costs 9 cents a minute, I had to keep calling different offices until I found one that responded to me. I spoke in spanish to them.

Level Contributor
83 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Amaszonas Airlines

Thanks for your help. They finally picked up. They were willing to cancel it. However, by the time they responded they are one seat short for the change I need. We are 3 and they have 2 seats from Cuzco to La Paz. Should I reserve anyways and hope that a seat opens up?

Mount Vernon...
Level Contributor
13 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Amaszonas Airlines

I have flown with them a few years back before they had an online service. We had to purchase tickets at one of their locations and it went fairly well. The plane we were on was quite small and we had our seat assignments so I thought that I didn't need to push my way to the front of the line to get aboard. I was the last to board and my seat was taken and my wife and son had to sit apart, due to other people taking their seats. They didn't care about your seat assignment. The only seat left for me was in the back of the plane and luggage was put behind my neck so I needed to sit bent the whole way. Lucky it was a short flight. My wife and I just lately bought tickets with them on their online web site. I booked two tickets and paid for them using their site. I was looking for another flight with them when I saw a small sentence that you could click and it brought you to a hidden fee message. I was concerned about this hidden fee so I emailed them. Three days later they responded and asked for more information. I sent them the information and waited for a reply. I emailed them after no response for another 3 days. I then got a response that explained that being I had a P fare, I would be required to pay this fee. If I had (I believe it was a K fare,) I would need to pay the fee after 6 months. If I had (I believe it was a B fare,) there would be no penalties. You see I booked my fare 9 months in advance and so I will have to pay this additional fee. If I had bought a K fare, I would need to pay also as it was only good for 6 months. One of the things that bothers me is that in their last email they had no problem telling me I would need to pay a fee however they did not tell me what that fee was. They also did not tell me how to pay this fee or why it is required. They said it was to "Reissue" my ticket. It turns out the P fare is a non refundable fare also so I cannot return it for refund. The website has now changed and I can no longer find the statement explaining that there even was a fee. I am extremely disappointed!

Mount Vernon...
Level Contributor
13 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Amaszonas Airlines

As I said before, I booked my flight aprox. 9 months in advance. There are reasons for that however this appears to be a huge mistake. I received an email, responding to my message asking what these extra costs or penalties are. In their email, they just told me they are 60 dollars each 6 months. I have two tickets I've purchased, my wife and I, so this will increase my ticket purchase by 240 dollars. Because I booked 9 months early, I will need to pay 60 dollars twice for each ticket. How do you think I feel about this airline? I emailed BOA which is a competitor of theirs and I asked about all their different fares. They said you can just choose whatever fare is cheapest and there are no penalties unless you change your flight times. Please be careful when using Amaszonas airline, especially if you are planning to purchase quite a bit of time in advance. The term "Revalidation" is the reason they gave for this fee. Earlier I had written Reissue by accident.

Mount Vernon...
Level Contributor
13 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Amaszonas Airlines

I just received an email from Amaszonas Airlines and they said that they were sorry and that there would be no extra fees for these tickets. This was in response to my email to them asking for their help in this matter. Makes me feel a lot better

Get answers to your questions about La Paz