We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Paz Airport Closure/Maintenance.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
La Paz Airport Closure/Maintenance.

Hi,

I am travelling through Peru/Bolivia in May/June this year. I have just been notified by the tour company I am travelling with that the airport at La Paz will be closed for maintenance during that time. Details are;

We have just received notification that Airport El Alto, La Paz (LPB), Bolivia will be closed for maintenance from May 01 to June 30 between the hours of 12:00 pm (noon) to 6:00 pm (18:00)

I have already booked flights out of La Paz, within this time frame. However, I can not find any more information on this maintenance! The airline (LAN) don't know what I'm talking about, and I can't find anything on the web either.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Know more? Something!!??

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: La Paz Airport Closure/Maintenance.

Pretty much identical situation to myself. My tour company emailed me the exact same thing, and I cant find any info ANYWHERE to confirm this, both cheaptickets.com & LAN are baffled as to how they know nothing about it. if anyone has any info on this, it'd be greatly appreciated :)

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: La Paz Airport Closure/Maintenance.

lan.com/gc/…index.html

suss out that link . the way i read it (assuming google translate hasn't failed me), only certain flights are affected, not all flights between 12-6pm.

La Paz
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: La Paz Airport Closure/Maintenance.

Hi, the airport will reamin closed from 1200 pm to 0400 pm but flights will be operating normally, the operation for airlines is guaranteed.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: La Paz Airport Closure/Maintenance.

We just received an email from Amaszonas notifying us that both of our flight times next week were changed (from reasonable 8 and 8:30 am to 6 and 6:45 am). I would double check your flight times before you arrive at the airport.

La Paz
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: La Paz Airport Closure/Maintenance.

I despise! airline operations will be changed because the airport will be closed from 12 pm to 4 pm, I am really sorry but information at the airport administration is not the best. So it is very important to reconfirm your flight schedules!

6. Re: La Paz Airport Closure/Maintenance.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about La Paz