We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to take in a football (soccer) match in Colombia...

Seattle
Level Contributor
576 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best way to take in a football (soccer) match in Colombia...

I'll be in Colombia in late May and early June. Will be visiting Bogota, Medellin, and Cartagena. What is the combination of atmosphere and competition? Just looking for a great time out with some locals. Any info. on this is greatly appreciated. What days are the games generally played on? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Colombia
Colombia
South America
Bogota
Bogota
Colombia
Medellin
Medellin
Antioquia Department, Colombia
Cartagena
Cartagena
Cartagena District, Colombia
La Bolera
Game & Entertainment Centres, Bowling Alleys
Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to take in a football (soccer) match in Colombia...

Hi! I would want to help with some info but don´t understand your necessity. Do you want to attend a professional soccer game? Do you want to participate in a soccer game at some level? Or what else?

Saludos

Jorge Payan

Seattle
Level Contributor
576 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to take in a football (soccer) match in Colombia...

I just want to go watch a professional game. I just want to go to the stadium in Colombia with the best atmosphere and best experience. Also the highest level of football would be good too. Where should I go? Thanks!!

Mentioned in this post
Colombia
Colombia
South America
UK
Level Contributor
153 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to take in a football (soccer) match in Colombia...

The "Liga Postobon", Colombia's first division, will come to a climax in late May when the teams finishing in the top four play off against one another in semi finals and a final.

At the moment those games are scheduled for May 19, 23 and 26th. You need to keep an eye on things to see if they stick with these dates.

There are three weekends left in the Liga Postobon and it's very close. Ten teams could conceivably make the top four.

Football in Colombia is in something of a slump these days. A lot of games are played in front of only a few thousand fans in stadia capable of holding 45,000. The play offs will naturally attract bigger attendances but my guess is that, for the semi finals at least, getting a ticket will be far from impossible.

Mentioned in this post
Colombia
Colombia
South America
UK
Level Contributor
153 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to take in a football (soccer) match in Colombia...

Is it so hard to come back and say "thanks" ?

Seattle
Level Contributor
576 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to take in a football (soccer) match in Colombia...

Thanks man.

6. Re: Best way to take in a football (soccer) match in Colombia...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2010, 04:15