We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bogota vs Medellin

qatar
Level Contributor
167 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Bogota vs Medellin

If I have only 3 days to spend, which one is better, Bogota or Medellin?

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,949 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bogota vs Medellin

Both have their pros & cons Paisas will say Medellin bc of it's climate etc.

Cachacos say Bogota is the the capital & the center of the country ;- )

If you want my honest opinion (this might cause some debate) Medellin gets my nod .For a few good reasons I've spent years in Bogota & on the most part travel thru Medellin on the way to another location.This is where I leave to let CDY take the stage & tell you what Medellin has to offer.

http://seecolombia.travel/blog/

Saludos ...Playa4u

Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
96 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bogota vs Medellin

Ooooh... Tough. Check out this blog post for a little insight: traveltocolombia.org/2011/… although the debate is very much still open. Personally I like Bogotá but I would imagine for 3 days you might be happier in Medellín enjoying the sun!

Ryan

www.seecolombia.travel/blog

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
279 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bogota vs Medellin

Hands down - for 3 days no doubt Medellin!

CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
Level Contributor
3,790 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bogota vs Medellin

Climate plays a big part - much nicer in Medellin

Cheaper in medellin

Medellin is easier to get around

More of an international feel to Bogota -

probably a little more to see in Bogota - but you only have 3 days so both cities will have plenty to do.

I find Paisas to be a little more friendly than the locals in Bogota

The women are are better looking in Medellin - actually - not 100% sure because everytime I go to Bogota it is cool and damp and everybody has jackets on - here in Medellin, unless it is raining the highs are in the 80's the lows in the 60's - so no need of a jacket and people aren't bundled up as they are in Bogota.- so I find the women dress sexier here - of course if you are married - just skip over this point.

5. Re: Bogota vs Medellin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 16:15