We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using my Canon DSLR in Colombia

Eagle Mountain, Utah
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Using my Canon DSLR in Colombia

My family and I are going to Colombia in a couple of days, we will be visiting Bogota, Armenia, Villa de Leyba, and Nopsa. I was wondering if I should pull out my Canon DSLR (large camera) or should I rely solely on a small point and shoot camera, for safety reasons. We will almost always be in a group.

London
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Using my Canon DSLR in Colombia

I think that you'll be fine to take the DSLR. We took both - tended to use the DSLR during the day, and lock it in the hotel in the evenings, and use the point and shoot.

Jon

www.theintrepidexplorers.com

Bogotá
Level Contributor
177 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Using my Canon DSLR in Colombia

I go everywhere with my DSLR and 4 lenses. Villa de Leyva you will be fine. Bogotá, whilst I have never felt any threat or had anyone so much as look at me, I do tend to to do el centro with not only my DSLR but also a 23 inch expanding steel police baton. Never had to use it though. Sundays are the best day to take photos with an ostentatious camera in bogota. No probs on the ciclovia with all the people about, if you have any doubts then see you get it back to your hotel before the ciclovia ends at 2pm

3. Re: Using my Canon DSLR in Colombia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 12:41