We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colombia

4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Colombia

We are thinking of visiting Colombia in August probabably bogota and Cartagena can any one tell me what the weather may be like ?

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cartagena
Level Contributor
4,309 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Colombia

August is in the middle of the rainy season. In Cartagena, you will have extremely hot humid weather, with heavy downpours of rain as well as sun. It's doesn't usually rain all day every day; you would probably still get lots of sunshine but, having said that, the weather seems to be different everywhere these days so you could get no rain or rain every day.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Colombia

Tried google yet?

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
13 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Colombia

Cartagena is beach weather all year round. It stays between 80 and 100.

Bogota is up in the mountains so it's cooler, especially at night. It should be in the 50's at night and in the 60's and 70's during the day.

You should be getting plenty of sunshine in both cities so enjoy!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Colombia

If you only have a short time in Colombia- I would recommend skipping Cartagena (full of tourists and beggars) and going to Parque Tayrona/Santa Marta area- nicer beaches and people. Also I thought Medellin was nicer than Bogota. True what people say that Bogota is chilly.

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,891 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Colombia

ashleye,

'If you only have a short time in Colombia- I would recommend skipping Cartagena (full of tourists and beggars)'

=======

that's a pretty bold statement to make; surely one could find something in Cartagena to appreciate. Gee that would be like avoiding NY - because all the cool people preferred Nantucket...)

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
5,355 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Colombia

If we MUST discuss, for beauty and charm Cartagena - in my book - has A LOT more to offer then Santa Marta.

To the OP: August is brutal in Cartagena.

#2: People seem to think TA is a faster search engine than Google. It is interesting indeed when one can find complete weather statistics on google in 7 seconds, including 20-30 years of exact history of weather on specific dates in August. Temperaturs, inches of rainfall, exact humidity etc.

Edited: 13 March 2014, 22:52
London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cartagena
Level Contributor
4,309 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Colombia

Since the OP was planning her trip last August, it's probably irrelevant at this point.

Cali, Colombia
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Colombia

I am from Cali Colombia. I have spent a lot of time traveling around Colombia. I have always found Bogota to be cool and always cloudy. I have a website on Colombia where I have the weather posted daily for Cali, Bogota, Medellin, Cartagena, San Andres,and Popayan. It is http://www.colombialivinggood.com

9. Re: Colombia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2015, 06:16