We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Cartagena in August ?!

4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather in Cartagena in August ?!

I am thinking of traveling to bogota Cartagena and other places on route , can any one tell me what the weather may be like at this time of year ?

I am expecting rain but will it be non stop !!

Thanks

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
1,726 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Cartagena in August ?!

Hi

Cartagena rain season typically extends from May to November, with a peak during September-October. I spent a few days there end of July last year, and even though the sky could be greyish with some showers, this did not prevent having a great time. There were heavier rainfalls during the nights. The high humidity level can be bothersome at night. Room with A/C is is highly recommended.

2. Re: Weather in Cartagena in August ?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2014, 05:16