We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Columbia in October

Vancouver, Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
Travel to Columbia in October

I am planning to travel in Columbia for two weeks at the beginning of October. I am concerned about the weather in October. Any comments that you may have about travel in October would be appreciate.

Thanks in advance.

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cartagena
Level Contributor
4,309 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to Columbia in October

The weather will depend on what part of Colombia you are visiting. It is the rainy season so, for example, in Cartagena, you will have very hot humid weather with rain. If you are in Bogota, it is much cooler.

Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
11 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel to Columbia in October

Weather in Colombia is pretty much constant. It also depends where you are going since you are speaking about one of the most diverse countries in the world. Also please do note that it's Colombia and not Columbia, some people see this as a great offense

Vancouver, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel to Columbia in October

My apologies for the spelling error. I live in British Columbia in Canada and was not paying as much attention as I should have when writing.

Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
11 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel to Columbia in October

Ought not to worry, I understand! Hahaha just letting you know so you can avoid any future mistakes :)

Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel to Columbia in October

You are going very welcome to come to my country, don't forget that Colombia it's a tropical country , and like a country close to Ecuador line the weather it depends of the each city and the altitute over the sea.

Pd. sorry for mi rustic english

Baltimore
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel to Columbia in October

I'm going to be in Colombia at the exact same time. I will be flying into and out of Medellin, and am deciding whether I want to spend time in/around Bogota or Cartagena. I've read October is the rainy season; would the Cartagena area be too rainy to really enjoy?

7. Re: Travel to Columbia in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2014, 05:18