We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La paz to colombia bus options

london
Level Contributor
126 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
La paz to colombia bus options

Can anyone help?

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: La paz to colombia bus options

Expreso Ormeño used to offer long international hauls. Don't know if they still do.

This will be a looooooooooooong haul (think multiple days). I recommend you break it into bits, or fly. Or skip Colombia altogether (I saw you also want to travel to Brazil?? How much time do you have?).

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: La paz to colombia bus options

This may come in handy too: http://bit.ly/1ck5YC7

london
Level Contributor
126 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La paz to colombia bus options

4-5 months. Im doing a tour that ends in la paz but i want to go to central america for 3 weeks and also into colombia then back to brazil

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: La paz to colombia bus options

So you'll have 4-5 months to cover the part from La Paz to Colombia, boat / flight to Central America (over land not possible), and Brazil?

I still recommend taking several buses and stopping inbetween La Paz and Colombia. Many places of interest in Peru (and Ecuador).

If you're more specific about what help you need and about your travel experience and your plans, you'll get more useful answers.

london
Level Contributor
126 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La paz to colombia bus options

Sorry cecile i wasnt clear. I am travelling in total for 4-5 months , starting and ending in rio.

Im making my way around but have a tour which stops in la paz ( im doing my own things in between). I would like to go to costa rica, panama and colombia. Fr colombia travel by boat into brazil. The flight into

Costa rica is £500! So i thought why not via colombia. Not sure what the best option os without spending too much. Perhaps fly into panama/ from colombia or by boat?

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: La paz to colombia bus options

Note that Colombia and Costa Rica aren't as cheap, neither is Brazil. Bolivia and Peru are quite a lot cheaper. Nicaragua is also about half the cost of Costa Rica. See Lonely Planet's estimates in their guidebooks.

You may want to stick with just South America this time.

london
Level Contributor
126 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: La paz to colombia bus options

Im going to bolivia anyway but want to do central. Want to go to places because they interest me not because they are cheap as it will be for the sake of it

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: La paz to colombia bus options

Okay, if money is not an issue then by all means see it all ;-)

london
Level Contributor
126 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: La paz to colombia bus options

Cecile- i may just do

10. Re: La paz to colombia bus options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2014, 06:21