We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MDE-BOG-IAD domestic to infl connection times help

2 posts
Save Topic
MDE-BOG-IAD domestic to infl connection times help

Hi all,

I have a Avianca flight from MDE to BOG that lands 7:17AM and a connection flight from BOG to IAD (USA) @ 9:05AM both on saturday 8/30/13. I was wondering if thats enough time to make the connection? (1:48). I'm planning to online checkin and have only carryons. I know there is a bus between puente aero that would need to take to the international terminal, and was wondering if i would need to clear customs once i get to the intl terminal. Thanks all!

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MDE-BOG-IAD domestic to infl connection times help

Hi

It sounds very short to me. Your MED-BOG leg has to be sharp on time.

I am wondering if they won't request you to make a check-in in BOG anyway (re-printing your boarding pass), for safety reasons. You know, the regular questions about your hand luggage, did you pack it yourself, did you leave it unattended... Not to mention they will check your passport again. In that case 1hr50 is not enough as check-in can take 30-40 minutes.

2. Re: MDE-BOG-IAD domestic to infl connection times help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2014, 05:17