We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money Exchange at port

Jordan Valley
Level Contributor
448 posts
295 reviews
Save Topic
Money Exchange at port

Will be arriving for the day in Cartegena on a cruise.

We are hoping to walk to the Old City from the port or take a taxi. Is there an ATM at the port?

We obviously don't want to change too much money but would like to know what an average meal would cost? We propose to walk around the Old City, have a light lunch & return to the cruise ship. I know it is subjective but would appreciate some help to assess the amount of money to change.

Edited: 11 December 2013, 09:02
Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
1,860 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Money Exchange at port

Within the walled city, you’ll probably need around USD 15-20 per person for a light lunch, but there are some fine restaurants where it would be more USD 40-50 (for instance the excellent Candé restaurant). Add like USD 10 more for some refreshments (it is a tropical weather!). So that’s between USD 30 and 60, plus taxi rides. I don’t have the regular price for a taxi from the cruise terminal to the city center, I would guess around COP 20,000 (USD 10) for a ride. So would be USD 20 back and forth.

2. Re: Money Exchange at port

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2014, 05:17
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question