We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter Olympics

Edmonton
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Winter Olympics

What are the chances of finding anywhere in the Santa Marta area to watch the winter olympics? More notably the hockey finals......are there any bars or pubs that would cater to an expat crowd?

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
4,006 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Winter Olympics

Ice Hockey isn't a big draw in Colombia; especially on the coast...the only place you'll see ice will be in your drink...:)

There should be some Olympic games coverage on Direct TV; look for a good bar/hotel that subscribes - US cable sports channels. Mind you they may only favor the yank's team broadcasts; hopefully we'll see them play our boys in the finals. You can download a CBC APP to stay in touch; you can even watch stuff on line, if all else fails there are other internet sites that show live feeds.

olympics.cbc.ca/online-listing/grid.html

http://www.wiziwig.tv/index.php?part=sports

Edmonton
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Winter Olympics

Thanks for the reply. I figured I could always fall back to the online feed but I was hoping somewhere might at least get the US feed. It looks like there were places that had the Superbowl so I will keep my fingers crossed. As it sits today it looks like Can might meet the US in the semi-finals so hopefully NBC will have the game live.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Winter Olympics

We are staying at the Drop Bear and apparently they will have the games.

4. Re: Winter Olympics

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2015, 07:17