We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

itinerary advice

Washington DC...
6 posts
Save Topic
itinerary advice

Hi. We're trying to nail down an itinerary for a visit to Colombia and maybe a sailing trip from Colombia to the San Blas. We have 11 days.

Ideally – we’d love to see Bogota, Cartagena, and spend a couple days sailing in the San Blas. However, I don’t think we can do it all… These are the options we’ve come up with:

1) Spend the whole time in Colombia - Fly into Bogota, spend a day or two there, maybe do a quick trip to the coffee country, fly up to Cartagena and spend the remainder of the time in and around Cartagena – including some time in the islands and/or Tayrona National Park (Upside: we get to know more of Colombia. Downside: no San Blas, no sailing)

2) Fly to Bogota – spend a day or two there, fly up to Cartagena, spend two or three days there, do a 5 day sailing trip from Cartagena to the San Blas, fly home from Panama City. (Downside: we’d prefer not to do the open sailing part of the trip. Upside: we get to see Cartagena).

3) Fly to Cartagena, spend a few days there, fly to Medellin spend a day, Fly to Capurgana spend a day or two, sail to the San Blas from Spazurro, fly home from Panama City (downside: we don’t get to see Bogota (we don’t care as much about seeing Medellin – but you can only fly to Carurgana from Medellin), it’s very packed. Upside: we get to see both Cartagena and Capurgana, sail to San Blas with no open water sailing).

4) Fly to Bogota spend a day there, fly to Medellin spend a day, fly to Carurgana spend a couple days, sail to San Blas (Upside: get to see Bogota. Downside: don’t get to see Cartagena).

I know much of this is just personal preference/priorities… but does anyone have any advice or insight that might sway us one way or another?

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,949 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: itinerary advice

#3) is my choice, sounds like an adventure...mind you I've been to Bogota a zillion times.

Edited: 23 February 2014, 02:20
2. Re: itinerary advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2015, 06:18