We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Advice Needed From Colombia to Boliva

Lima, Peru
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travel Advice Needed From Colombia to Boliva

Hello,

I am currently in Bogota, Colombia and am trying to get to La Paz, Bolivia without entering Peru and or Ecuador by bus. Has anyone made this trip and if so could you please give me your advice on how to accomplish it?

I look forwward to your posts and thanking each of you in advance for your time and response.

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Advice Needed From Colombia to Boliva

'I am currently in Bogota, Colombia and am trying to get to La Paz, Bolivia without entering Peru and or Ecuador by bus'

The only way is to fly; Avianca direct (BOG > LPB) 9:49pm >2:43am

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Advice Needed From Colombia to Boliva

That would mean through Brasil, and I never heard of any possibility of this kind, at least by bus.

Cartagena District...
Destination Expert
for Cartagena, Colombia
Level Contributor
894 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Advice Needed From Colombia to Boliva

I totally agree with Stephane and Playa...

However if you are dead set in doing so, I have a lady friend who flew from Bogota to Leticia (Amazonas) and took a "Water Bus" big old boat with hammocks etc and traveled to Manaos, from here you can take a bus to Bolivia. It will take you days....

4. Re: Travel Advice Needed From Colombia to Boliva

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2015, 07:16