We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alcohol prohibition during elections (5/25-5/26)

Colorado
Level Contributor
68 posts
131 reviews
Save Topic
Alcohol prohibition during elections (5/25-5/26)

Hi,

I'm looking for responses from people in country or who have recently experienced the prohibition of alcohol during elections.

I just realized our trip will span the presidential election.

We'll be between Santa Marta, Tayrona, and Palomino during this time. This may be stupid but does the ban on consumption include foreigners?

I'm assuming we'll be fine to stock up but want to make sure. Especially if we drink at our hostel.

Also, I know that the times change from place to place. Mostly it seems 6am Monday 5/26. Is this correct?

I'll be very sad to not be able to celebrate my birthday with a cocktail at the beach on that Monday!

Thank you yet again tripadvisor friends!

CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
Level Contributor
3,749 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alcohol prohibition during elections (5/25-5/26)

Ban is on selling aclohol - to everyone, just stock up the day before, like the locals.

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,903 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alcohol prohibition during elections (5/25-5/26)

does the ban on alcohol also include off sales of chicha - guarapo

3. Re: Alcohol prohibition during elections (5/25-5/26)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 05:17