We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 week in Comlombia - What are my options

Johannesburg, South...
2 posts
Save Topic
1 week in Comlombia - What are my options

Hi,

I've got 7 days to spend in Colombia during June and would appreciate some guidance as to how I can best spend that time. So far I decided on going to Bogota, Cartagen and Cali. Is this realistic or not?

Thank-you for the input, it is greatly appreciated!

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cartagena
Level Contributor
4,327 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 week in Comlombia - What are my options

There is so much to see and do in Colombia, you would be missing out on a lot by trying to do all three places in a week. Of course, it makes a difference if you are flying between places but, in my opinion, you still wouldn't do justice to this great country. If you are travelling by road, you will lose a lot time just getting there.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,673 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 week in Comlombia - What are my options

Impossible to give advice when you give no clue whatsoever regarding your interests, likes/dislikes, age, experience, etc. Not to mention the most important factor: Budget.

Cheers,

Terry

Johannesburg, South...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 week in Comlombia - What are my options

Hi,

I've extended my stay in Colombia to 10 days - 3 days in Bogota, 3 days in Cali & 4 days in Cartagena. I will be flying between the various locations to cut down on my trave time; tickets come to US $300 (is this expensive?).

I would appreciate some suggestions on what to see, not the typical tourist stuff only. I would like to get imersed in the culture and getting to know the locations, see some historical sites, parks etc; may consider some adventure related stuff that is close to the 3 locations; I've budgeted approximately US $50 a day (excluding accomodation and flights). Hope this info helps

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 week in Comlombia - What are my options

Let's start with the cost/route of your pending air travel - is it BOG - Cali - CTG - BOG? If yes,$300 sounds reasonable.In any case here's the Lan Colombia link >>> www.lan.com/es_co/sitio_personas/index.html…

I'll work on your other list later...

Trondheim
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 week in Comlombia - What are my options

Will be in Cartagena in june too. If you check out the local music scene you'll be up for a surprise: http://youtu.be/d_CwQV5-rd

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
723 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 week in Comlombia - What are my options

I would skip Cali unless you've got a really good reason to go there. There's not that much to do or see unless you're really into salsa.

$300 for flights is a great price.

$50 a day will be difficult in Cartagena if you want to dine in the walled city. Prices are very high there. If you avoid the touristy areas, it will be fine.

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
4,007 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1 week in Comlombia - What are my options

IMO,attending La Feria de Cali,should be on any salsero's "bucket list" ( ;

CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
Level Contributor
3,807 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1 week in Comlombia - What are my options

Short of attending a festival in Cali - I would give it a pass - Bogota and Cartagena would be interesting and diverse enough

9. Re: 1 week in Comlombia - What are my options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 13:42