We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4.5 hour Layover

Which Bogota hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
4.5 hour Layover

I have a 4.5 hr layover, landing at 7:27AM from Cartagena and departing at 11:55AM to San Salvador. Is there anything I can do around the area?

Is it worth leaving the airport?

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
1,588 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4.5 hour Layover

Hey nap

I am afraid you won't be able to do much.

You may need 30 to 45 minutes to get out of the plane, get your luggage. If you're flying Avianca for your CTG-BOG flight, your terminal may be Puente Aereo. In that case, you'll need to transfer to Terminal 2. Add 15 minutes.

Last time I flew back from BOG, I arrived more than 2 hrs before the flight, and it turned out to be very, very tight schedule. I spent like 1:30 waiting for check in. I would advise to get 3 hrs time in advance to the airport for an international flight in BOG.

For the record, I guess the closest sites to spend a bit of time would be el Parque Simon Bolivar and the Botanical Garden.

2. Re: 4.5 hour Layover

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2014, 05:16