We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is a 2-3 days trip to Bogota enough????

Which Bogota hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Topic
Is a 2-3 days trip to Bogota enough????

Hi, this is Naim from Atlanta...I am planning to do a 2-3 (hopefully 3) days trip to Bogota between August 30-Sep3...I would like to know if that is enough to see at least some of the main attraction of the city? Also I know about the Gold Museum and the Old Bogota tour...What else should one must visit in a short trip as such??? Also are there any tours in English led by a Tour Guide??? I would greatly appreciate if someone would provide me with some tips and suggestions

Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,983 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is a 2-3 days trip to Bogota enough????

If you stay in the city itself 3 days should be enough to see the highlight. There are tours in English from group tours to private tours.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is a 2-3 days trip to Bogota enough????

Two days is not enough. You likely will need at least one of your days just to acclimate to the elevation. Three would work, but four would be better.

What are the must-sees? You know about the Gold Museum. I would add the Botero Museum in La Candelaria, about a 10 minute walk from the Museo del Oro.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
16,943 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is a 2-3 days trip to Bogota enough????

The best highlight in Bogotá is Monserrate mountain. Take the cable car up and have splendid views of the city and surrounding mountains. http://www.pbase.com/cile/image/148961320

http://www.pbase.com/cile/image/148961442

The is a small church on top, and an artisan market and food market, and various upscale restaurants with amazing views.

I didn't go to the gold museum. But I did visit the free Botero museum which is nice, and the adjacent Casa de Moneda, also free, which is a museum about money and Colombian history. Very interesting.

I can recommend the private room in Casa Bellavista hotel, it's hard to find better value in such a good location. It does get noisy at night in the weekends because it's right in an area full of bars (and nice restaurants for you to eat at). So bring earplugs.

Two days should be enough, but are you just flying in, and back out to the US?? Why not choose Cartagena in that case? A much more beautiful city, better weather, more to see and do.

Cecilia

http://cile.home.xs4all.nl/

milan
Level Contributor
124 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is a 2-3 days trip to Bogota enough????

3 days are not enough for a big and vibrant city as bogota...the sorroundings are beautiful(guatavita is a must)...anyway is nice to get lost in bogota´, in candelaria(during the day..be very careful at night), chapinero, chapinero alto, zona rosa, quinta camacho...

Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Is a 2-3 days trip to Bogota enough????

2-3 days is better than nothing; and you would be able to squeeze in a good amount of the general, main attractions in the city itself. Watch out, though: I thought I was just visiting Colombia (the whole country) for a month, and I've been living here in Bogota now for almost half a year. Be warned - you can get hooked on this country!

UK it's a OK
Level Contributor
375 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is a 2-3 days trip to Bogota enough????

If you are in Bogota on a Sunday and reasonably fit, I would recommend a cycling tour with an English speaking guide. See Bogota Bike Tours on google. I took the tour a couple of years ago and hope to do so again later this month.

The tour lasted 5 hours or so, was slow paced, visited places I wouldn't have got to and I advise Sundays as the central streets are closed to motor vehicles until 4pm.

Medellin, Colombia
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is a 2-3 days trip to Bogota enough????

If you only have 3 days, stay in la Candelaria, walk around the city center and visit the museums and theaters, go to El Chorro de Quevedo for some traditional "chicha" and walk up to Monserrate!

bogota
Level Contributor
11 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is a 2-3 days trip to Bogota enough????

it depends in how long are you going to be traveling! Bogota you can do it in 2 days (Candelaria, Gold and Botero Museum, Monserrate, visit La Macarena, and maybe some of the north of the city, Usaquen, Andres DC (a different expirience), but it can be also a good place to chill out for some days, eat different food, have some party, and enjoy the city.

There are also many destinations near to Bogota that you must be interested and that I would not miss!

1. Zipaquira 2. Villa de Leiva 3. Alto de Menegua y lagos de Menegua in Los llanos orientales

enjoy!

9. Re: Is a 2-3 days trip to Bogota enough????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2014, 07:16