We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North Bogota

Which Bogota hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
270 posts
169 reviews
Save Topic
North Bogota

Is it generally safe to walk around at night in Usaquen to Parque 93 area??? I'm talking with general precautions as well knowing anything could happen anywhere at anytime....

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
723 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North Bogota

Yes it's relatively safe.

Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: North Bogota

I personally dont think Usaquén/Santa Barbara is a cool place to walk around at night. It is mainly commerce so is a bit dead at nights

milan
Level Contributor
124 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: North Bogota

it's ok...but isn't close...I mean, I would take a taxi...anyway bogota´is in the north as safe as can be a big city, forget candelaria at night and south parts...

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,824 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: North Bogota

I would take a cab between the two areas.

Personally I think Usaquen has a better atmosphere, its historic architecture has more eye appeal than the stale modern confines of La 93.On Sundays Usaquen is a beehive of activity; locals flock to the area to shop at the flea market and eat at its many restaurants. The closer you get to the weekend the area is popular for its nightlife; clubs and bars host live bands, the action starts around 9pm- 1am. Usaquen is safe at night as long as you aren’t stupidly fallen down drunk; call a taxi to take you back to your hotel.

Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
3 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: North Bogota

I live in between the two locations and walk everywhere and have done so for years without problem day or night. If you are sensible and stay on well lit streets are aware of your surroundings, don't use headphones, or an expensive mobile phone on the street, in short don't look like a victim you will be fine.

Consider carrying a handful of mugger money to throw on the floor and a cheap mobile rather than an iPhone, always leave a credit card at your hotel in case too.

Be aware that paseo millionario has been reported as often starting in the P93 area.

Do however go out and enjoy this great city.

milan
Level Contributor
124 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: North Bogota

Usaquen is very nice but too much far away from everything...I always suggest to stay as I said around the calle 70 since in this way u can walk easily wherever and beside u stay in a very nice neighborhood full of restaurants and bars..

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
723 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: North Bogota

I agree calle 70 (around carrera septima) is a really nice and convenient area to stay.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
270 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: North Bogota

I take it there isn't an underground transport in Bogota??? I'm reluctant to take local buses unless I'm carrying a Bowie Knife on me.I grew up in a big city so know a little of street wits.My best was having a cap gun when mE & a couple other people took a wrong turn then ended up in Liberty City Area of Miami.We were at a gas station These punks came up to my buddy started picking a fight then pulled a cap gun they ran off.How far is Usaquen from La Candaleria??? The best public transport to take??

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,824 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: North Bogota

Dude,there´s is no subway in Bogota,for this reason we take the transmilenio.

Leave your homey bling,Iphone and Bowie knife at home,use your street smarts and chillout...

If you travel weekdays take the transmilenio,no need to get stuck in gridlock.

a)to avoid standing in line during peak hours load up your transmilenio card with as many fares as you need b) Usaquen - La Candelaria; Germania bus takes you to las Aguas c) night time call a radio cab taxi 11-12000 pesos.

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
723 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: North Bogota

Replica gun? Oh that's brilliant, just brilliant. Police have shot two people here in the bay area carrying replica guns in the past few days. Nice way to come home from Colombia in a box.

Get answers to your questions about Bogota