We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bogota to Lima

Saskatoon
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bogota to Lima

My son is backpacking down there and sent me a message for you all. What is the best way to get from Bogota Columbia to Lima Peru.

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
1,622 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bogota to Lima

Hi

The best way is to take a plane.

The cheapest way is to go to the bus station in Bogota (named Terminal de Transporte) and buy a ticket to Lima with a company named Ormeño. I am not sure, but I think it is only one bus per week.

Still by bus, but less direct, would be to take a bus to Ipiales, crossing the border, and then taking a bus to Lima.

Saskatoon
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bogota to Lima

Thank you Stephane, I will pass the info on.

Chive on.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
270 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bogota to Lima

There are a few airlines that fly direct...Aero Galapagos via Quito Lan Airlines Direct then Avianca which some flights are actually Aero Galapagos .Taking a Bus you're looking at about three -four days you'll see scenic scenery should he have the time visit Popoyan 12 hours then 6 hours to, Pasto then two hours to Ipiales which is the border crossing to Tulcan Ecuador. Quito is about 5 hours away from Tulcan then Cuenca is about 10 hours from Quito. Just give you a rough ideal. It is recommended not to travel at night especially in Colombia yet any other time he'll be fine.

4. Re: Bogota to Lima

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2014, 05:16