We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Usaquen neighborhood

Denver. CO
Level Contributor
3 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Usaquen neighborhood

I recently spent part of a week in Bogota. Originally looked into staying in the Candelaria neighborhood, but was told by locals that it is too dicey at night and there are safer areas. Loved spending most of a day there - especially visiting the Botero museum. Then looked into popular Zona Rosa, but eventually settled upon Usaquen. Dont think I could have made a better choice. If you are not into the nightclub scene and like a nice neighborhood with some very interesting architecture and a variety of good restaurants, you will like this. Frankly I was disappointed when I visited Zona Rosa and had lunch in the Zona T section. It is all very nice, but if you live in a big city in the U.S. you will find a lot of the look and most of the shopping just like you have at home. Usaquen, near Hacienda Santa Barbara, was walkable, interesting and safe.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
205 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Usaquen neighborhood

Hi, did you rent an apartment? How about transportation?

Thanks

Denver. CO
Level Contributor
3 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Usaquen neighborhood

It was actually a small boutique hotel and you can google it at "usaquen art suites Colombia". I even had the room with the cute cat artwork shown. Very nice. At the airport drivers are hustling you......a friend had a driver pick us up, but even he overcharged us. There are people at the airport to help you find a properly licensed taxi. Just take your time. Hotel could also probably have someone meet you in a nice car and it would be a company they know and trust. After that first time we always had the hotel call for us......they used a reputable company with nice cars and very professional drivers. A little more costly than a yellow cab, but not that much. Drivers will give you their cards to contact them directly. Friends who live there say this is the way. Other than hearing those warnings we always felt safe and love the Colombian people.

3. Re: Usaquen neighborhood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Bogota