We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kaiteur Falls with Falls View Tours: DO NOT book with them

London, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kaiteur Falls with Falls View Tours: DO NOT book with them

Hi all,

I had a bad experience with a tour operator in Guyana, and they apparently did the same thing to another guest at my hotel (which I found out when I wrote to the hotel owner complaining about this)

I met Andre Killikelly of Falls View Tours at my hotel, and booked a day tour to Kaieteur Falls with him. I paid him US $220 in cash for the tour. On the day of the tour, he called to tell me that the tour was canceled due to fog at Kaiteur. As I was leaving the country the following day, he told me that he would come to the hotel soon and give me my money back

However, he never came. I called him on the phone repeatedly, and every time he said he was "coming soon," or was "on the way," or was "just getting the money from the office," or some other excuse. Since I had to be there when he came, I ended up wasting the whole day waiting at the hotel. Finally at 11pm, he said he couldn’t come, and would instead meet me early the next day before my flight. Unsurprisingly, he never showed up then. When I called him, he then told me to email him, and that he would send me the money electronically. Since then, I’ve heard nothing from him, and he no longer answers my emails

The worst part is that on my flight, I met another group of tourists who had gone to Kaieteur on the same day when my tour was canceled, so clearly there was no problem with the weather.

It turns out that Andre Killikelly had never intended to take me on the tour in the first place, and was out to steal my money from the very beginning.

Do not ever do business with this dishonest, thieving person or his company. If you do, you will never see your money again

Read more: http://andre-killikelly.webnode.com/

Germany
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Kaiteur Falls with Falls View Tours: DO NOT book with them

Hallo Shiva,

I had the exactly the same experience with Andre. Same trip, same amount of Money, same lies and I never got my Money back. Did you hear anything about him? Is there anything to do? I guess not but I also wrote a lot of letters to different People and organisations and I hope this at least helps to make him stop.

It´s great what you did. I am sure you are as angry as I am.

Best regards,

Sandra / Germany

California...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Kaiteur Falls with Falls View Tours: DO NOT book with them

Kaieteur is a must see.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Kaiteur Falls with Falls View Tours: DO NOT book with them

Very sorry to hear about your experience, and thank you so much for sharing.

There are a lot of different tour operators out there, and it's good to know which ones to avoid.

4. Re: Kaiteur Falls with Falls View Tours: DO NOT book with them

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2015, 07:18