We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Agency in Guyana

Mexico City, Mexico
2 posts
Save Topic
Travel Agency in Guyana

We will travel to Guyana in September. Does anybody know a reliable travel agency for arrangements and visa support?

Thanks in advance

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Agency in Guyana

We used Dagron Tours and were very pleased with our tour. You can find many more operators listed here:

www.guyana-tourism.com/index.php…

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
260 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Agency in Guyana

You'll get 10 opinions from 10 different people about Guyana tour operators. Your best bet is to look at the main players' websites and get a sense of their offerings, prices, approach, and experience. Contact them and see how responsive they are. Don't take cost at face-value... some operators offer more than others, so you have to look carefully at what's being sold. Don't just assume the cheapest is the best deal.

Visit Guyana is a general tourism promotion website that names most of the main tour operators and gives links to their websites: http://www.gotoguyana.org/tour_operators/

The Ministry of Tourism / Hospitality Association also lists a directory: www.exploreguyana.org/category/TourOperators

You should also grab a copy of the Bradt Guide to Guyana (Kirk Smock) which remains the definitive guide to all things Guyana.

Trinidad
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Agency in Guyana

There are many travel agencies in Guyana but I suggest you stick with your Airline representative/Agent in Guyana for the best service.

For visa support you should check with the Airline and they can suggest to you where to get your visa if needed and where to get the support you need when in Guyana.

The Government of Guyana has a webpage with information about travelling to Guyana and everything you will need.

http://www.guyana-tourism.com/

Good Luck

Enjoy your trip.

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
260 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Agency in Guyana

Thanks to Benwood093 for the link to Guyana Tourism Authority which I neglected to include in my earlier post.

The international airlines serving Guyana (Caribbean, Liat, Surinaam, Conviasa... and soon Copa & Insel) don't provide tourism services. A visitor's best bet is to either book their own arrangements with the help of a printed guide like Bradt... or to employ the assistance of one of the GT tour operators.

If you plan on visiting the interior region, just 'showing up' isn't an option and advance planning is essential. On the other hand, tours and activities around Georgetown can often be organized on short notice and most local hotels will provide some level of assistance. Again - get the Bradt guide.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Agency in Guyana

MRMinSF and Benwood093. I find it odd that you both? >> didn't bother reading my post #1 found above. Particularly the link provided.

Trinidad & Tobago
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel Agency in Guyana

http://wilderness-explorers.com/ Try them, Did Kaiteur/

Orinduik falls tour with them, another day did Arrowpoint. Their service was great.

Essequibo...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel Agency in Guyana

HELLO GUYS! This is for Guyanese needing Visa Application Services. I can assist you in filling your online application forms for USA, CANADA, UK OR SCHENGEN visas; Visitors or Permanent. So please contact: NICOLE @ 592626.2687 OR 592691.8322. I AM VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND PROFESSIONAL.

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
260 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel Agency in Guyana

Nicole - TripAdvisor rules prohibit advertising here.

9. Re: Travel Agency in Guyana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2015, 02:15