We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa required for suriname

bham uk
Level Contributor
75 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
visa required for suriname

i am british and need a suriname visa how can i get one without posting my passport off as i am travelling, i will be in caracas for 2 days is it possible to get one there, any help welcomed

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
260 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visa required for suriname

There is a Suriname embassy in Caracas - surely that is your easiest option, but traveling from Venezuela to Suriname will require a stopover in one of three gateway countries that also have embassies:

- Port Of Spain, Trinidad, Tobago (flying on Caribbean Airlines)

- Willemstad Curacao (flying on Surinam Airways)

- Georgetown Guyana (flying on GUM air or by land)

Embassy of Suriname in Caracas, Venezuela - 4a Ave. entre 7a y 8a Transversal, Qta. Los Milagros, Altamira, posting address: Apartado 61.140 Chacao, Caracas 1060-A, Venezuela. Tel: (58) 2 2612 095. Fax: (58) 2 2612 724.

General Consulate of Suriname in Willemstad, Netherlands Antilles - Gosieweg # 15 Rio Canario, P.O. Box 6072 Curacao, N.A. Tel: (5999) 888 1099. Fax: (5999) 888 1055. E-mail: parwicsur@curinfo.an

Embassy of Suriname in Georgetown, Guyana - 171 Peter Rose & Crown Street Queens Town, Georgetown, Guyana. Tel: (592) 267 844, 252 631. Fax: (592) 250 759. E-mail: surnemb@gol.net.gy

Although it is geographically farther, you may actually find it more expeditious to fly back to Houston or Miami and use a mail service there - such as VisaHQ.com - to get that Suriname Visa.

Suriname does not grant visas at borders.

bham uk
Level Contributor
75 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visa required for suriname

thank you for your information

3. Re: visa required for suriname

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2011, 06:21