We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel from Georgetown, Guyana to Paramaribo

Which Paramaribo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
st. johns
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
travel from Georgetown, Guyana to Paramaribo

Are there any flights from Georgetown Guyana to Paramaribo? The distance is only 213 miles. Can anyone advise the best way to get from georgetown to Paramaribo? Is there a direct ferry/.

Paramaribo
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: travel from Georgetown, Guyana to Paramaribo

goo to www.bluewingairlines.com

its cheaper to get a taxi cap. in George towne and Suriname there is an organisation known as Bobby's

st. johns
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel from Georgetown, Guyana to Paramaribo

Thanks alot. I will investigate this

3. Re: travel from Georgetown, Guyana to Paramaribo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2008, 17:27
Paramaribo, Suriname
Level Contributor
9 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel from Georgetown, Guyana to Paramaribo

I will post some specific information on this of mini-buses that run the route. The road is 90% completed from South Drain to Nickerie, thus the journey is faster and enjoyable.

You can also from Guyana to Suriname, on META, a Brazilian carrier or Blue Wings. Blue Wings fly from Guyana to downtown Parbo at a smaller airstrip. Meta arrives at Zenderij intl.

SLM now has upgraded its fleet with two 737-400s and will add, Barbados, Jamaica, Cayenne and Guyana to its network.

UK
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: travel from Georgetown, Guyana to Paramaribo

Any further information on minibuses/buses from the ferry into Suriname (from Guyana) and Paramaribo? Cost, frequency, state of roads? You impled you were going to post some...

London, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: travel from Georgetown, Guyana to Paramaribo

Hello , I am hoping that you enjoyed your trip to Suriname and are therefore in a position to pass on info to me.....not much info around! I will be in Guyana for a few weeks and would like to visit Suriname; please advise on accommodation, eating , places of interest etc.

How did you get your visa, Holland or Guyana?

Thanks

Paramaribo, Suriname
Level Contributor
9 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: travel from Georgetown, Guyana to Paramaribo

yes, finally I visited Suriname and its not the first time. As you are aware, Lonely Planet has added Suriname to its 10 TOP destination for the year 2010.

From Guyana you can get the daily ferry service from Moleson Creek to South Drain, Suriname. It cost about 20 usd rt or less. Its not expensive. And the Mini- buses are plenty full there lurking for passengers. That will cost I thin 15-20 SRD (suriname dollar) to Paramaribo, a very safe and beautiful city.

Where to stay, for cheap, safe and historic, where French and Dutch stay, then go to Guesthouse Alberga. YOu can google it. Its about 30 Euros a night. They serve breakfast.

If you can affort 75-80 usd a day, then stay at the La Masion Petite, classy, trendy, clean, and in a historical building overlooking the river.

Food, indian (roopram), chinese ( I wrote on this under restaurants) and many Indonesians.

For food, entertainment and things to do, please visit the tourist office at the waterftont and you will get all you need. Again, Suriname is not a backward third world nation and much different from Guyana.

I have stayed at the Torarica and the Kransnapolsky and they are all fine. Marriot just opened there and the Best Western and Whydham Intl soon but non of them can match la masion petite.

In suriname, you must see the mosques, senagogues, waterfront, river cruise, marienburg plantation, fort amsterdam and sample the food. Nice disos are there too.

What else?

Again, its a safe country, with all the little ammenties for tourists.

Suriname is on the rise.

Paramaribo, Suriname
Level Contributor
9 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: travel from Georgetown, Guyana to Paramaribo

The Road is completed . Just get your body to the Guyana cossing for Suriname by 9;30 and the rest will be a piece of cake. From Parbo call the same people who took you there and they will come to your hotel to get you.

SKLYLNE Bus and Car Service

contact in Guyana

622-0203

226-2843

In Suriname

Ask for the youngman name (Bin Laden) great chap!!!

Paramaribo, Suriname
Level Contributor
9 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: travel from Georgetown, Guyana to Paramaribo

This is the Taxi i used from Suriname to Guyana and they also brought me from Guyana to Suriname

London, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: travel from Georgetown, Guyana to Paramaribo

Thanks a Million! I am in the U.K and there is not a Dutch Embassy here for visa's.....what is your suggestion?

Get answers to your questions about Paramaribo