We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kavieng Vs Milne Bay

San Francisco
Level Contributor
16 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Kavieng Vs Milne Bay

We are trying to decide between

Tufi, Tawali and Lissenung in mid Dec. We have spent a lot of time researching but would love to get some first hand feedback on the following:

Diving, It seems that the diving in Kavieng will be better ( we are not big muck divers) but how good is the diving in Tufi versus Tawali (for reference we enjoyed palau and heron island more than the Maldives) and is it still good for non muckers.

Other activities, we really enjoyed kayaking in Palau are there similar things in Lissenung? Tiwali. we are pretty sure that all the places are great. Our issue is trying to get the degree of greatness along each attribute. Or really trying to imagine what it is like in each place.

thanks for any help

Whitsundays
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Kavieng Vs Milne Bay

G'day,

I spent some time at the Tawali resort in late 2007. It's a very pretty place and blends well into it's environment.

It's also expensive, but I would think you'd be happy, just prepare in advance for the bill as they really know how to charge for every little thing. (The smiles from the staff were free though !). The diving in the area is very, very good. I'm not into Muck diving (I can't understand why ??) but the Whole of Milne Bay is mostly clear water around deep drop offs surrounding islands and coral attols. Muck diving is the part owners little past time and so it gets a bit of focus in their promo stuff.

For some images of the region, check out www.wildpng.com

I can't really compare it to the other places you mentioned as I haven't been there... yet...

australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Kavieng Vs Milne Bay

Hi, did you end up doing this trip? If so it would be great to get some advice. We are thinking of going to PNG mid december this year and are tossing up between exactly the same places you were looking at!

3. Re: Kavieng Vs Milne Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2010, 07:16