We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recruitment Agencies in PNG

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Recruitment Agencies in PNG

Hi, my husband has been offered work in Lae. I plan to move there also, but I want to find some work. I have struggled to find recruitment agencies on the net. I have been using SEEK and have found jda.wokman.com I haven't been able to find anything else. I work the area of Contract management. Can anyone suggest some areas to look at.

Cheers rustypup1

Hervey Bay...
Level Contributor
548 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recruitment Agencies in PNG

jda.wokman.com do a lot of recuitment for PNG so definately make contact with them. work is scarce for expat wives but if you have the right qualifications you may be lucky. I would also suggest that you make contact with the Lae Chamber of Commerce, send them your CV and details of when you will be arriving etc, they may know of an upcoming position.

Good luck with your search you will enjoy living in Lae.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recruitment Agencies in PNG

Doryblue

Thanks for your suggestions. i will follow up.

Cheers

rustypup1

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
496 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recruitment Agencies in PNG

Hello rustypup1,

Placements are another agency that have substantial recruitment drives for PNG, and are based in POM and most of the mine sites up here. We're actually looking for Contracts people up here in the Highlands, but National Staff only...shame that.

Anyway, you can try Placements at their Brisbane office, using ;

info@placementsaustralia.com.au

(Tell them Rick B. sent you...no, maybe you'd better not if you want them to help you out)

Cheers mate.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
496 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recruitment Agencies in PNG

....either way...PLEASE do let us know how you get on, won't you Rustypup1..?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recruitment Agencies in PNG

Yeah Sure.

Hubby starts work there in Jan. Initally FIFO. I will go there over Easter hols for a look and will contact a few places closer to that time.

Cheers

rustypup1

6. Re: Recruitment Agencies in PNG

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2010, 06:18