We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Post-Kokoda R & R

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
53 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Post-Kokoda R & R

Hi there,

I'll be walking the Kokoda track in July and staying on for eight days after in PNG. I wanted to know where, without breaking the bank, I can go for a bit of R & R, cultural diversions, a beach and some diving. I don't really want to hop from place to place but base myself in one place. Any thoughts?

Cheers

Kimbe
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Post-Kokoda R & R

Hi Johnny, I represent a dive resort on the island of New Britain in PNG. Walindi Plantation Resort has some incredible reef diving and several land tours in the local area. Walindi's standard accommodation are bungalows and we also have 'Plantation House' rooms which are our budget option which may suit your needs. Our rates include all meals and free laundry. You can read reviews about Walindi here on TripAdvisor.

If you are interested please contact us directly on resort@walindifebrina.com or call +675 73734199

Our website is www.walindifebrina.com

Maleny, Australia
Level Contributor
85 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Post-Kokoda R & R

I have been to the following places - all of them are fantastic:

1. Tawali Resort - Fly Pt Moresby to Alotau

2. Tufi Resort - Fly Pt Moresby to Tufi

3. Lissenung Island - Fly Pt Moresby to Kavieng

4. Nusa Retreat - Fly Pt Moresby to Kavieng

Have a look at their websites and Trip Advisor comments. These places are all really beautiful - Tawali, Tufi and Lissenung are promoted as dive resorts. Nusa Retreat doesn't specialize in diving, but it does organize diving trips if required. Hope you have a great trip.

Maleny, Australia
Level Contributor
85 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Post-Kokoda R & R

A bit more info which may assist you. Prices are in Aussie $.

The return airfare POM to Alotau is approx. $320 - Airlines PNG and Air Niugini fairly similar price on the Wild Fare.

Return airfare POM to Kavieng is $581 with Air Nuigini (Airlines of PNG do not fly to Kavieng)

Return airfare POM to Tufi is $340 with Airlines PNG (Air Nuigini don't go to Tufi) - Limited flight schedule - flights are Mon, Wed & Fri flights.

These prices are the "Wild Fare" prices, so book as soon as you can, otherwise the price will go up.

Thought this may help you decide - sometimes these places have good package deals, so email them re accommodation/meal package and then you can compare.

PNG has spectacular scenery ... from the mountains to the sea. The resorts I have mentioned are safe and have incredible scenery, lots of other activities other than diving e.g. village visits, WWII history, cultural information, fishing etc etc. Hope this helps.

4. Re: Post-Kokoda R & R

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2014, 05:16