We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must see and Tribal people

Denmark
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
Must see and Tribal people

In October, my friend and I, travel for four weeks in Papua New Guinea. We will in this regard, see what you think is at MUST SEE/DO.

We are interested in nature, animals, sports, hiking, diving / snokling, culture and beach.

Because we have no interest in the Australian history, we choose not to take on the Kokoda trip.

We'd love to go out and visit some original tribal people (also mudmen). Do you have suggestions for where it could be? And which company we should book at?

We also want to go out to the islands of New Ireland and New Britain. Would it be more advisable to select only one of the islands, in the case of the islands shall we choose?

New York City
Level Contributor
509 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Must see and Tribal people

It seems that if you are interested in seeing the tribal people you should go in September and see the Sing Sing at Goroka Show: http://www.gorokashow.com/

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Must see and Tribal people

Having just come back from the Duke of York Islands off Kokopo, I'd highly recommend staying with Simon at Maira Homestay on Mioko Island. This is an homestay in the middle of the village, and you are treated as a special guest of the village. If you time it right there is a regular Singsing that is huge fun. There is no internet on the island, so contact Simon on (675) 7258 4087

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Must see and Tribal people

Glad I saw your post as my family and I want to go to the duke of York next year. Can you tell me how you travelled there, prices and what's good to take?

Denmark
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Must see and Tribal people

Hi Jennifer

Many thanks for your reply. It will certainly be something I would like to discover :).

How long were you there?

Did you have some gifts for the kids and the families?

Did you bring anything special?

Do you think it is something that must be booked in advance?

Rosa :)

5. Re: Must see and Tribal people

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2015, 07:15