We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware credit card double charges by air caledonie

Sydney
Level Contributor
48 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Beware credit card double charges by air caledonie

I contacted this airline in June to secure 20kg baggage allowance for September flight from Ile of Pines to Noumea. 12 kg is the only allowance possible if booking online so I had to choose the email option. Following email confirmation of the booking my credit card was debited 4 times for the fares, followed by 2 credits. These transactions occurred over a 1 week period. Following my many email messages to the airline to credit me a third time, the responses were varied (they have tried to credit me, give us your bank details for a direct credit, go to the noumea airport counter prior to your departure and we will refund you then). Unbelievable. Has anyone experienced such incompetence? My flight is not even departing from Noumea...it's departing from Ile des Pines! I have contacted my bank to try and reverse this double charge on my credit card.

1. Re: Beware credit card double charges by air caledonie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about New Caledonia