We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation

New Zealand
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodation

accommodation input please. Looking at getting to Niue end of August for 1 week but accommodation appears limited. Does anyone out there have suggestions as to where is the best place, location to stay in Niue. Rental cars...best way to get around. What are the main attractions we should see and adventures we should seek out?

Regards "Grannies on Tour"

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
14,846 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation

Kia Ora Grannies-on-tour,

Are you interested in hotel accommodation or self-catering options? The Matavai Resort has an incredible setting. Here are some options to consider - ourpacific.co.nz/our-resorts/niue/niue.aspx Check the TA reviews for accommodation lisitngs - tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g294132-Alofi-Hotels.…

Regarding attractions, Selsy who has visited Niue more recently than me posted a comprehensive list of attractions following her visit. Here is a link - tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294131-i10811-k55…

All the best with your plans to this beautiful destination.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation

A rental car is pretty much essential on Niue, as there's no public transport.

As for best place to stay, there is no real central point that it's best to be close to. I'd choose accommodation which has the facilities that suit you.

The absolute best attraction in my opinion is Togo Chasm, especially climbing down the ladder into the chasm itself.

Liku
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation

There is a good variety of accommodation at holidayhomes.co.nz/for-rent/…

Contact alofirentals@niue.nu for vehicle options.

For an authentic Niue experience, stay with the locals. Matavai Hotel and Motel are OK but they are foreign owned.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation

Thanks for you reply. We are only having 3 nights the way the flights ended up so The Resort looks best options but usually like to as you say be with the locals is aways best options. Accomodation looks sparse in Niue but will check it out this visit. Looking forward to our trip.

5. Re: Accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Niue