We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accommodation

Leigh
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
accommodation

We are going to Niue in July this year. Haven't booked accommodation yet and most of them are booked out.

Looking at Bella's Guest House or Tukuitoga Guesthouse.

Has anyone stayed there or know anything about these places. We are a family of 5 so need a bigger place so we can all fit in.

Any suggestions or feedback would be great, thanks.

6 replies to this topic
Hokitika, New...
Level Contributor
45 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accommodation

Hi Christina,Not familar with these but due to lack of accomadation or available accomadation on island it maybe you will just have to go with what "seems" to fit the bill.it appears the "well known" ones are booked out.

Niue is a place that you have tobook early it seems.Last june we stayed at Namukulu and they were booked solid up to september!!

This hasnt helped you but enjoy your trip where ever you chose to stay,its a very spiecal place,lots to do.

Let us know how you got on and what you thought of it.

Cheers

Stu

New Zealand
Level Contributor
4,953 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accommodation

At a travel expo earlier this year, I spoke with Niue's tourism rep in New Zealand about a holiday in Niue. He told me that the popular places tended to get booked really quickly, but to give him a call if I wanted advice about other places. His name is Mike Hogan and his phone number is (09) 4897844. I haven't needed to use his services as I've been able to book Namakulu Cottages.

Leigh
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accommodation

Many thanks for your help. I'll see if I can get in touch with him and get some info on the two guest houses in question.

Have a great day.

Cheers

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,846 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accommodation

Hi christina

I suggest that you send a PM to Crossie. He's an artist who lives on Niue and is very knowledgeable and helpful. He doesn't often come on to the forum nowadays, but hopefully he'll see any PM as he'll be advised of it even if he's not in Niue at the time.

www.tripadvisor.com/members-forums/CrossieM

New Zealand
Level Contributor
4,953 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: accommodation

I'm curious to know what accommodation you ended up staying in, and what you thought of it. Niue is a place I'll definitely go to again, so it would be great hear about some different accommodation options.

Leigh
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: accommodation

Hi

We stayed at the Bella Guest House. It's in town and just behind the Millinium Hall, which is by the wharf.

Bella's Guest House is a small budget accommodation house. Has three bedrooms and one toilet so okay space wise.

Quite old house and could do with a bit of a clean up. Mosquito screen so no problem with bugs.

The dogs and rooster kept us awake during the night and I wonder if it is more of them in town like this or not. One dog became our friend, the pastors dog, a nice puppy. Safe town and safe island as you probably know.

Edited: 31 July 2012, 03:45
Reply to: accommodation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Alofi
Recent Conversations
More Alofi Topics