We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beaches in Palau?

New York, NY
1 post
Save Topic
beaches in Palau?

I am trying to decide on a destination for October 2008 and am going back and forth between Palau & one of the Micronesian states (Yap, Kosrae or Pohnpei).

Basically, I am looking for that picturesque island getaway. Although I am not looking for a Caribbean experience (otherwise I'd be going to the Caribbean), my favorite Caribbean destination is Antigua. I am a diver, but will not be doing diving everyday. Can anyone give me any idea about the number of beaches in Palau? How do they compare to those of Yap or Kosrae?

Anyone who has been to both (Palau and Micronesia), which one do you prefer?

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beaches in Palau?

Palau (and most of Micronesia) is not generally known as a beach destination. Although there are some nice beaches out on the Rock Islands, the only beach per se near Koror is at the PPR and it is man made. There are some beaches on the coast around Babeldaob. Much of this island is still undeveloped, though. It's a similar case with Yap and Pohnpei (I've not been to Kosrae). Although they're all wonderful places with excellent diving, they really don't have the kind of beaches you'd find in Antigua.

2. Re: beaches in Palau?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 16:19