We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice about where to stay

Korea
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Advice about where to stay

I'm planning my July honeymoon trip to Palau, and I have been looking at the various accommodations that are available.

I was instantly drawn to the pics of the Palau Pacific Resort. I've have read various reviews of the hotel... They seem to be very mixed from both ends of the spectrum. Some rave about it, while others dog it to death. I read somewhere that somebody from a hotel in competition with the PPR has been fabricating negative reviews, so I'm not really sure just how nice this hotel would be.

Can someone who has been there recently (after the management change) give their opinion of the hotel? Or if you have other recommendations, please do tell. :)

Korea
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice about where to stay

So sorry to double post -.-;;

I recently stumbled upon the website for Sea Passion Hotel. Has anybody stayed there? It just opened last December and looks like it may be a decent cheaper alternative to some of the more costly resorts... It also looks like it has a nice white beach!

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice about where to stay

I've stayed at the PPR a number of times and have always been very pleased with it. My preference is for an oceanfront room on the top floor.

A friend of mine just returned last week and had nothing but rave reviews about it.

London
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice about where to stay

Hi, iandylan2000

Hope you had a lovely honeymoon.

Where did you end up staying, and would you recommend it? We are planning our honeymoon for December/January, so I am just trying to get some accommodation sorted.

Thanks

Abi

London
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice about where to stay

Thank you for your reply, gypsyhanoi.

We are happy to 'slum it' in more beach-hut style accommodation. Am still looking, but hoping much of our stay will get taken up with liveaboards for diving and maybe a bit of sailing, and also some camping when we kayak. We are going more for the water activities and less for the nightlife, so I am not too concerned about that.

Thanks again.

5. Re: Advice about where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2010, 07:16