We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nightlife in Palau

Which Koror hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bacolod, Philippines
Level Contributor
31 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
nightlife in Palau

hi all,

I'm planning to go to palau nxt april2008. Can u guys tell me about palau's nightlife? Where to go? Places to go unwind? How much would a beer cost?

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nightlife in Palau

Beer is fairly reasonable, especially Red Rooster (the local beer). As far as nightlife, there really isn't much. Since most of the tourists are divers, I've found that most folks go to dinner and things wrap up pretty early in the evenings. There are lots of good restaurants, and the bar at Sam's is a nice place for a beer after a day of diving.

Bacolod, Philippines
Level Contributor
31 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nightlife in Palau

I kindda thought so too. Since dive tours start around 8am? anyway thanks again. Stay well. y"all

Jupiter, Florida
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nightlife in Palau

I was usually picked up from my hotel around 7:45 or so, and since there are few nearby sites (except for a couple of wrecks and Chandelier Caves) diving is pretty much an all day affair due to the rather lengthy boat rides.

There are lots of good restaurants in town. (My favorites include Kraemer's, Dragon Tei, and The Taj.)

Austin, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: nightlife in Palau

Palau isn't really known for its nightlife, but there are some places you can find a good time if you know where to look:

Kramer's Cafe in Malakal is fun. A good place for a sunset happy hour. Rene and Jane are really nice.

The Dropoff at Neco in Malakal and Bottomtime at Sam's in Malakal are good places for beers and sunsets too. You can eat at all of the above.

There are two pool halls, Q-ball on the way to T-dock, and Cornerpocket also in Malakal.

If you like karaoke there are quite a few bars to choose from. I like the one next to Cornerpocket, Imperial Bar, and ATT. There are several others around. Ask a taxi driver.

For dancing you are pretty much limited to Port Area in Malakal. There are several Palauan chacha clubs like SLC, Happy Landing Club, and.....those two across from the Shell station on the way to Malakal.

Anyway, basically you can find most of the nightlife on Malakal.

Beers are $2-3 most places.

5. Re: nightlife in Palau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 11:21
Get answers to your questions about Koror