We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 days trip to Samoa

Ashiya-shi, Hyogo...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
8 days trip to Samoa

Hi!

We will be spending 10 days in Samoa from 30 March to 8 April but will only have 8 full days to go around as we will land on 30 March late evening and depart on 8 April early morning. We will also be traveling with a 14 month old baby.

I have a couple of questions that need help with:

1) We are planning to be in Upolu for 5 days, 2 days in Savaii and come back to Upolu again for the last day. Is the time allocation for each island reasonable?

2) What are the highlights on each island?

Husband and I love nature and we also love to learn about new culture.

3) We currently booked Matareva Fales for our stay in Upolu and Vaimoana for Savaii. We would love to experience open fales, however would like to hear if that is suitable for a baby? Will it be too cold in the middle of the night or will there too many mosquitoes (even with the net)?

Thank you!

2 replies to this topic
kurrajong
Destination Expert
for Samoa
Level Contributor
848 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 days trip to Samoa

Hi I have travelled to Samoa with friends who had babies / young ones

The first few times we stayed in fakes , now tend to stay in accommodation with rooms

I didn't know that matareava were operating again we visited their a few years ago and it was closed and run down ( so this lovely to hear they reopened as it's a great beach ) - will you have a car ?

We have stayed at VaiMoana a few times and love it here! The fales/ food / staff are wonderful

Near vaimoana is an amazing beach well worth a drive - falealupo

Might be nice to stop in at one of the resorts on your way to vaimoana ( Lelegoto or savai'i lagoon ) for lunch and a swim ( beautiful beach , very child friendly, safe lagoon and nice swim hole if low tide - out front of Lalegoto)

You could also look at swimming with the turtles ??

Enjoy your trip

Sue

Belize
Level Contributor
25 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 8 days trip to Samoa

If your little one is walking/ active, I would not recommend a fale. Fales are elevated above the sand or water, most do not have any railing, and sides are "closed" at night by unrolling a woven mat curtain that can easily be pushed aside. Little kids could easily fall off. Some fales will be very close to the water when the tide comes up. I have 2 children under 4, and we have not stayed over night in a fale for this reason. Some resorts do have closed in fales with walls, I would recommend booking that kind.

Reply to: 8 days trip to Samoa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Samoa
Recent Conversations