We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First visit to Samoa

Sonoma County...
10 posts
Save Topic
First visit to Samoa

We have just returned from our first visit to Samoa. It was a wonderful week, and I want to thank all of you on this trip advisor forum (and particularly Tinzaroo) for helping us with advice.

We spent the first two days with Bob and Aniva Slater at Aniva's Place. Aniva's warmth and openness made us feel at home immediately. Bob (or Robert-as Aniva would call him) was a charming, articulate, witty, knowledgeable guide.

We then took the bus to Taufua Beach Fales for two days of incredible snorkling--not to mention the endless supply of delicious food and the Wednesday fiafia night.

We had but one night at the Virgin Cove. It was one of the most beautiful and romantic locations I have ever seen. Our fale opened onto a private part of the cove and was bordered by a large tree. We experienced none of the problems mentioned by an earlier visitor. They have done a lot of work on the facilities and everything was working well. Being in a mangrove forest made for a slight increase in the mosquito population, but, even in the wet season, they were not bad. The meals were served on individual candle lit tables rather than family style.

We finished the week with a couple of days on Savai'i-staying at Regina's before returning to Aniva's for a final meal before flying out.

One week is too short a visit, but we will be back.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First visit to Samoa

Talofa lava!

I'm so glad you enjoyed it, and that you had such a nice time. It's awesome to read your account of the holiday and hear your positive comments. Please consider writing Trip Advisor reviews of the properties you stayed at, especially Virgin Cove, as it will be so helpful to others.

Glad you liked all the places, and I hope you will visit again one day!

Tofa soifua!

Tinz

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First visit to Samoa

Hey M&M

Great to hear you had a great time in Samoa.

I recommend you put a review in for Virgin Cove, if we hadn't run out of water etc it would have got a better review from us. It is a beautiful spot - one of the best looking locations between the two islands and is worth a visit.

Love Taufua, glad to hear you enjoyed it also.

You're right though, one week is too short.

Cheers

Avee

3. Re: First visit to Samoa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Samoa
Recent Conversations