We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surfing in Samoa and things to do on a honeymoon

Queensland...
1 post
Save Topic
Surfing in Samoa and things to do on a honeymoon

We are heading to Samoa in mid September for our honeymoon. We are staying at Sinalei Reef resort for 7 nights. My hubby -to-be is a keen surfer. Any recomendations for where he should head to, to catch a wave?

Also, any recommendations for must do activities or must see places. i don't just want to lay around the resort for the whole 7 days.

Mel (and Dunc)

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surfing in Samoa and things to do on a honeymoon

Hi there

There are a few places to surf, but I would check out these two places for advice: Salani Surf Resort at www.surfsamoa.com and Moanalei Dive and Surf, www.moanaleidivensurf.com. Both of these places should be able to help you, but especially Salani. It's a lovely resort and they have a lot of surfers there.

Things to do?? You will love Ava I Toga which is the bar / restaurant over the water at Sinalei - it's fab. Take a tour of the island with someone - maybe get a local taxi driver to take you for the day. There are many waterfalls, beautiful beaches and places of interest such as Robert Louis Stevenson's house / museum in Apia, the sliding rocks, Palolo Deep Marine Reserve.

See if you can get down to Lalomanu Beach for the day. It's really gorgeous and has wonderful snorkelling and diving, if you're a keen diver. If not, the snorkelling is still brilliant and if you go out on the boat you are sure to see turtles in the wild. Arrange to stay for dinner at Taufua Fales (right on Lalomanu Beach) on a Weds night and see the Fia Fia show! It's one of the best on the island, performed by a local group, and doesn't have the commercial aspect of a lot of the shows. The dinner there is basic but plentiful and I am sure you will enjoy the atmosphere.

Also, the markets in Apia are definitely worth a visit - lots of sights, sounds and smells to take in! Take your camera!

Fa soifua!

Tina

2. Re: Surfing in Samoa and things to do on a honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 03:18