We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just how hot is it Samoa vs Bali?

Ocean Grove...
Level Contributor
369 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Just how hot is it Samoa vs Bali?

Hi all just been doing some research about samoa and it sounds amazing for my next trip with my family and 2 children. I am just trying to get a bit of an understanding on how hot Samoa actually is. While I love the warm weather as we all love the water and swimming, we were in Bali a couple of years back in march and I found the weather almost unbareable. I suppose from the humidity. I think March might be an extra hot time in Bali but would love to hear from anyone that could compare the two for me so I really can know what to expect. I would probably plan a trip around june july august.

Thanks in advance

Kat

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just how hot is it Samoa vs Bali?

Malo lava

June, July, August is the busiest time in Samoa, but it's the most temperate time; it's much less hot than during their summer (same as our summer). It's probably between 25 - 30 degrees during the day, dropping to about 20 at night. Some days will be real scorchers, but others will be bearable! That doesn't really help much, does it :o)

Samoa is further north than Raro or Fiji, so it is hotter. I've been to Bali several times, and I do think it's hotter.

Have just had a bit of a google, and Samoa is 14 degrees south of the equator, whereas Bali is only 8 degrees south of it. So yep - I think Bali would be hotter! Hopefully someone who knows a little more about weather might post and help you.

The other thing is, bearing in mind that it's going to be busy at the time you're thinking of going, it would be best to book quite soon :o)

Cheers

Tinz

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
168 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just how hot is it Samoa vs Bali?

Hi Tinzaroo, how is Christmas in Samoa? Do the prices double just because it's Christmas?

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just how hot is it Samoa vs Bali?

Malo

No, I don't think it's the type of place that doubles the prices just because it's Christmas, although that logic may apply if you are staying in any of the bigger resorts.

I would suggest that wherever possible, book directly with the property as you may save money this way.

Also remember that November through to April is their very hot and wet season. Christmas and January can see cyclone type weather, but as with any tropical place, it's very hard to predict what the weather will do from day to day.

If you're after a drier more temperate climate, you're better off to visit during June - October, but that is also the busiest tourist time.

Fa soifua

Tinz

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,301 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just how hot is it Samoa vs Bali?

Kat, June, July or August in Samoa will be the coolest it gets there all year. Very comfortable actually. Samoa is not as close to the equator as Bali is. I think Bali is a good 7 degree's closer and that amount from the equator, Samoa being around 14 degrees. The coolest times of the year are the best when visiting tropical locations. Going when the sun is directly overhead and frying in it's intensity puts a serious kink in to time one can or wants to spend on the beach I understand totally your concerns.

Ocean Grove...
Level Contributor
369 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just how hot is it Samoa vs Bali?

Thanks, thats sounds pretty good. I understand it will be very warm as I have been to fiji and bali but bali was in march and the heat really did ruin the holiday for me (amongst other things), but I imagine march to be hotter than july, august etc. Our holiday won't be till next year but I like to get very organised and didn't want to start planning samoa if I did not think I could handle the heat ( I have 2 small kids too ). Thank you for easing my mind.

Kat

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
68 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just how hot is it Samoa vs Bali?

Hi, we (Kiwis) lived in Samoa for 3 years, then the Sollies and now Singapore and I can safely say Bali is more humid than Samoa but Samoa can get as hot temperature wise. The humidity is the part that counts as thats what makes you feel hot and sweaty. In Bali (as in Singapore)the humidity is often in the 90s..nothing like we ever got in Samoa unless it was raining of course. plus you can get the most beautiful breezes on the beaches in Samoa which makes sleeping in a fale very comfortable. I loved loved loved Samoa and would go back in a heartbeat.

7. Re: Just how hot is it Samoa vs Bali?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 02:16