We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Samoa with a 6 month baby?

Oslo, Norway
13 posts
Save Topic
Samoa with a 6 month baby?

Hi Guys, my wife, baby (will be 6 months old) and I are traveling to New Zealand in October for 4 weeks and we thought about spending a week of this in Samoa. My question is this; does anyone have any experience of staying in Samoa with a baby of this age that they would be kind enough to share? could anyone make a recommendation of baby friendly hotels or resorts? thanks for any help!

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Samoa with a 6 month baby?

Hi there

My brother and sister in law came up to Samoa last year with their 2yr old and 9 month old. They stayed at Aggie's Resort which is about 5 mins drive from the airport. Aggie's is very new and very nice and has all the comforts you would expect from a 5 star resort. They loved it there so much that they have booked to go again this year!

If you are a little more adventurous and want to try a more budget accommodation (Aggie's is quite expensive) you could try the beach fales, although this depends on how fussy your baby is, and if he / she is used to a lot of noise and activity going on around him. Last year at Taufua Beach Fales there was a family with five kids (the youngest one about 9 months old) and they seemed to cope fine. I guess it just depends on your baby and the level of comfort you are after.

Let me know if you have any more questions - happy to help if I can!

Fa soifua

Tinz

Oslo, Norway
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Samoa with a 6 month baby?

Hi Tinz, thanks for your reply...yeah, we'll be 'roughing it' in NZ for a few weeks so I think we'll want something quite comfortable when we get to Samoa...Aggies website look good so i think it maybe the best option for us..thanks for your advice

Las Vegas
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Samoa with a 6 month baby?

Talofa,

Aggie Grey's Lagoon resort is definitely a baby friendly resort. Although we traveled without the kids I did check-out the Dolphins kids club and it was very clean and the staff were very friendly. They do have babysitting services, you and your wife may want to take advantage of this and have a nice romantic dinner alone. All rooms have a refrigerator that make work out well for you. I hope you have a wonderful time and if you stay at Aggie Grey's you won't be disappointed.

Chloe

4. Re: Samoa with a 6 month baby?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 18:22