We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For those who knew Aliki from Lalomanu, Taufua Beach Fales -

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
For those who knew Aliki from Lalomanu, Taufua Beach Fales -

Malo

We are currently in Samoa; we arrived a few days ago to find out that our friend Aliki was in hospital, very sick. Sadly, he passed away on Sunday.

I wanted to post this up here as I know there are many many people out there who have visited Samoa, and who have made friends with Aliki and enjoyed his wonderful songs and bushwalks, not to mention his 'ava ceremonies at Taufua. He will be very sadly missed by many.

His funeral is tomorrow, and he will be laid to rest near his Samoan family in Aleipata. If anyone would like to post condolences here, Tai and Sili from Taufua fales will read them.

Fa soifua

Tinz

Holland
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: For those who knew Aliki from Lalomanu, Taufua Beach Fales -

Dear friends,

I'm so sorry to hear this and I want you to know that I'm thinking of you today. I am happy though that Aliki is gonna be laid to rest close to you and will not leave Samoa...

Good luck my friends and thank you Aliki for sharing your knowledge, songs and joy! I will keep Johnny Mahoy alive in memory of you!

Love,

Daan from Holland

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: For those who knew Aliki from Lalomanu, Taufua Beach Fales -

Malo lava

We had the funeral for Aliki yesterday; it was a lovely ceremony, and as we made our way back to Lalomanu down the coast, the sun was shining and the sea looked magnificent for Aliki's last journey home.

Thank you to everyone who would like to share their memories of Aliki, and also, if anyone has any photos or has taken any recordings of Aliki's songs, I wonder if you would be able to get a copy to me? Tai and Sili would love to have them.

Fa soifua

Tina

Dunedin, New Zealand
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: For those who knew Aliki from Lalomanu, Taufua Beach Fales -

I am saddened and shocked to hear of Alikis death .

My daughter and I met Aliki just a couple of weeks ago on the 5th July and spent a wonderful day with him on an island tour . It happened to be my daughters 12th birthday and when Aliki found this out he generously gave her gifts including the necklace he was wearing .

I have a photo of Aliki taken that day , how can I send it to you?

Tony

Havelock North
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: For those who knew Aliki from Lalomanu, Taufua Beach Fales -

Malo,

we have just returned from a wonderful holiday in Samoa, very relaxing and great for rejuvenation purposes. while at Taufua we were fortunate to run into Aliki and participate in one of his tours. We were very impressed with his passion for, and knowledge of things Samoan. We learnt a lot from his tour and had a great time. In fact he was one of our hghlights of our holiday. We are shocked and very saddened to hear he has passed on.

Haere ki te kainga tuturu.

Haere ki to tātou Matua i te rangi.

Haere, haere, haere!

Win.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: For those who knew Aliki from Lalomanu, Taufua Beach Fales -

Malo lava

Thank you so much to those who have posted here. If you would like to send me any pics or vids, you can do so at tina.desuza@gmail.com. When I return home to New Zealand I'll compile them onto a CD and send it back here to his family and friends. Dial up connection here is slow, so am unable to do it whilst here.

Again, many thanks for your kind thoughts about Aliki.

Fa soifua

Tinz

right here now
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: For those who knew Aliki from Lalomanu, Taufua Beach Fales -

Dear Aliki,

when we think of you, we remember a lot of things, but the most important thing is your love to your daughter Moana. In our memory we see you playing the ukulele at the beach of Lalomanu and Moana is dancing the siva. You were happy and so proud of her.

Wir sind dankbar, Dich kennengelernt zu haben und hoffen, daß Du nun Deinen Frieden findest.

Samoa was your fate!

All our love,

Marc + Tanja

Paihia
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: For those who knew Aliki from Lalomanu, Taufua Beach Fales -

Dear Tai and Sili and dear friends at Lalomanu. We are very sorry to hear of the death of Aliki. We share the sentiments of those expressed here and remember Aliki for the wonderful Island tour that he hosted for us and saw his generosity and love on July 5th as he helped little Lauren celebrate her 12th birthday. May God bless you Moana, we enjoyed our little chats with you whilst having lovely swims at Lalomanu and know that your Father is now resting peacefully.Our love to all at Taufua, we always have a rich and loving experience when we have the opportunity to stay with you.

From Donna and Gary at Blue Pacific Apartments, Bay of Islands New Zealand, Nicolas and Leonora and Agustin Marzullo(the Argentinians)and Ronnie Berking (assistant musician to Aliki in the good times!)

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: For those who knew Aliki from Lalomanu, Taufua Beach Fales -

Thanks to everyone who has posted here.

I'm pushing this thread to the top one more time, just in case it gets lost on the second page.

I ask again if anyone has pics of Aliki. If so, I would love to have them. Many thanks.

Tina

tina.desuza@gmail.com

Dresden
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: For those who knew Aliki from Lalomanu, Taufua Beach Fales -

Dear Tina,

we are very sorry to hear about the death of Aliki. My wife Birgit was just about to browse in the Internet to find some nice memories about Samoa and Lalumanu and now we are shocked. We have visited Samoa in 2003, 2006 and Jan 2008 and remember the wonderfull nights at Lalumanu when Aliki was playing the guitar. Even the german songs was fun ;-). Our Kids loved him and the dogs. If you know Bello please give him a kiss from our daughter Nelli (In January Aliki told her to give a name to his dog. Bello is a common name in Germany for dogs...). We can not think about comming back to Samoa without visiting Aliki.

We have many photos and we might have also videos from Aliki from 2006 and Jan/Feb this year. Please let me know if I should send them to you.

Please tell Tai and Silly and the friends of Aliki our sincere condolence and sympathy.

Kind regards

Gernot, Birgit and Kids (Nelli, Nora and Rufus)

right here now
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: For those who knew Aliki from Lalomanu, Taufua Beach Fales -

Hardy 'Aliki' Schulz 02.12.1961 - 20.07.2008

unvergessen